Delgado: 1 IP, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 K
    Sosa: 1 for 2 and a RBI
    Gualdron: 1 for 2 with a double
    Mendez: 1 for 2 with a double
    Gomez: 0 for 2 with 2 walks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/21 Minor League Update/The Joey Votto Show

GCL Reds lost 6-3. Not much to report.

Angel Cabrera went 2-3 with two singles and a walk.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...wirok_rdsrok_1
    I miss Adam Dunn.

3rd rounder Chris Valaikia is playing SS and batting second tonight for Billings.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

So, as soon as Turner reports, we'll have Valaika at short and Turner at second...that strikes me as a really scrappy middle infield. I'm likin' it.

Valaika walked in his first pro atbat and was erased on a Stubbs FC. Logan Pakrer followed by hitting his first career HR, 2-1 Billings after 1.

Stubbs threw a runner out at home attempting to score on a double.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-21-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

So what kind of player is Parker? I liked his College stats and thought he could be a sleeper form everything that I read. Any other info on this kid? Nice to see Gonzo back.
    Last edited by Redmachine2003; 06-21-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Logan Parker is 3-for-3 with a 2 run HR and two singles.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Logan Parker walked in his next plate appearance. He's off to a good start in his pro career at 5-for-7 with a HR, double, three singles, and a walk. I said at the time that I love the pick of Parker, so far he hasn't let me down.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Billings lost 9-6.

Drew Stubbs singled in his last atbat to finish the game with a 1-for-5 effort. Logan Parker walked again in his last atbat to finish 3-for-3 with a HR, two singles, and two walks. McKennon was 0-for-2 with a walk and HBP.

Logan Ondrusek got the loss by allowing 3 runs on 4 hits in the 9th inning. The fact that Sean Watson hasn't appeared in a game yet leads me to believe they will use him as a starter. I like it. Travis Webb and Jordan Smith have yet to be used either...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Just an aside, but this "Down on the Farm" forum was a great idea. Thanks to all of you who keep it updated.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    Just an aside, but this "Down on the Farm" forum was a great idea. Thanks to all of you who keep it updated.
    Agreed. I find myself following the minors much more closely, thanks to this forum and those that are continuously updating it. Great job and much appreciated all!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    Agreed. I find myself following the minors much more closely, thanks to this forum and those that are continuously updating it. Great job and much appreciated all!
    Agreed as well. I spend 95% of my time on RedsZone over here.

I love it!

Southern League

1B Joey Votto belted a 3-run homer and RF Javon Moran was 2-for-4 with a run scored in Chattanooga’s (CIN) 4-2 home triumph over Carolina (FLA). Votto remains white hot. The 22-year-old first baseman has blasted 5 homers in the last 7 games and he’s collected a hit in 9 out of the last 10 games, going 19-for-48 (.396) with 15 RBIs during that stretch. He currently leads the SL in dingers (14), total bases (157), runs scored (48), and hits (88). He’s also tied for 1st in RBIs (46) and doubles (23) and ranks 3rd in batting (.315). A big, big season for Votto. Moran has rattled off 4 multi-hit games in his last 6 games, going 10-for-24 (.417) during that span to jump his Double-A average from .296 to .326. RHP Homer Bailey will make his Double-A debut today when he takes to the mound for Chattanooga.

http://www.ondeckbaseball.com/
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?