Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An informal poll

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar
    Screw all those hippy "this is baseballs last chance with me" punks. If you dont come back and watch after a strike, you dont love baseball. Anyone who has ever worked in a union shop can relate to this. Unions, Labor agreements, and strikes are part of our society, and baseball is included. Do you think you are going to teach these billionaire owners and Millionaire players a lesson by not coming to their games? NO. these people are set for life no matter what happens. They dont care. If you shut baseball out of your life over something like this, then that is your loss. In fact, I hope that those people who say they will never watch baseball again, stick to their guns. They are the fans that go to games because "everybody else is doing it". These "trendy" fans that like to buy season tickets in the lower level to impress clients/dates/whatever. Prime example - I went to my first ever game in cleveland last year. This was still during the streak of sellout games they had. I have never been so angry at random people in my life. all the people that buy seats and just sit out in the aisles and watch the game on TV while smoking and talking on their cellphones, And the worst, A family that sat in front of us that had the husband, wife, and three kids, the husband watched the game, but the wife and kids sat there and watched some stupid disney movie on a portable DVD player. WHAT IS THE POINT? STAY AT HOME AND WATCH DVDS WITH YOUR SPOILED BRATS! LET TRUE FANS THAT DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY RIDICULOUS SCALPERS SIT IN YOUR SEATS.
    Anyway, I got way off the subject.... My point is, If you dont wanna forgive baseball for having disagreements over something that doesnt even concern you, Then I hope to never see you at the ballpark again. AND THAT INCLUDES PLAYOFF GAMES YOU FAIRWEATHER FREAKS!
    Marty made a good comment the other night during the rain delay. Someone called in and asked him whose side he took on this matter, marty said he doesnt care, he doesnt think that he should be one to say how someone else should spend THEIR money.
    Come on people lets not use this as a reason to *****. Its not like our income tax is going into the owners or players pockets. No one is forcing you to pay these people. these owners are businessmen, they can do whatever they want with their money/assets (i.e. art modell and the browns/ravens) It just so happens that some of us have a love affair with this great game, and people like me dont mind spending some cash to go to the ballpark, no matter what the situation. There are no bad guys in this situation. The players are paid because the owners can pay them that much, and the owners have a right to do whatever they want with their money. If you stop going to games, the owners arent going to make money, meaning they cant pay players, meaning the owners will be seeking a change or seek to get out of the business as a whole. Then what do we have? Cincinnati with no baseball? The United States of America with no baseball? Do you really want to see that? What is that going to prove? Who will be "learning their lesson"? Ignorant baseball follwers, Please dont ruin it for us who enjoy baseball. Wihout baseball, what are we supposed to do with our summers? watch.... MLS??? .....please.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Hey GAC

Yankees payroll is just over $144million

ridiculous

CBus,

I'm not even sure where to start, regarding your post. I will argue your first statement. I think baseball has and will lose some of their greatest baseball fans, because they feel so passionately for the game and hate to see it in the state it's in. Many are not simply casual fans.

Cbus - "Screw all those hippy "this is baseballs last chance with me" punks. If you dont come back and watch after a strike, you dont love baseball. "

GradyHatton,

Nicely put. I agree. If they're going to strike, they better take the time to really fix the problems. Phil's probably right, and we won't see the progress that we'd like.

Hey CBus, I've been to at least 1500 MLB games in the past 20 years. I get there on time, I don't leave until the final out. I've sat through 100 degree games. I have sat through 30 degree games. So you're telling me if the players strike and I choose not to pay for a ticket for a few years then I am not a "real fan"?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I won't go to any games next year that's for certain, and probably the year or so after that.

I'm not some lemming who spends my hard earned money so millionaires can fight over who gets the most and then slaps me in the face by cancelling a season because they're scared of change.

If this season is cancelled the right thing for fans to do would be to slap some reality into these pampered souls and not go to any games at all.

See how they feel when there's no cash flow and they're playing in front of nobody for a year or two. Oh, that's happening in a lot of places already isn't it?

Originally posted by creek14
    Hey CBus, I've been to at least 1500 MLB games in the past 20 years. I get there on time, I don't leave until the final out. I've sat through 100 degree games. I have sat through 30 degree games. So you're telling me if the players strike and I choose not to pay for a ticket for a few years then I am not a "real fan"?
    No, he's saying that you're a "hippy punk". :evilgrin:

Originally posted by TeamCasey

No, he's saying that you're a "hippy punk". :evilgrin:
    Well the hippy part is right, but not in the way he was using it. :angel:

to the ones who say they wont go to a game for a year or never again:

what if the reds made the postseason?

Originally posted by ramp101
    to the ones who say they wont go to a game for a year or never again:

what if the reds made the postseason?

Nope.

how about the world series?

Nope.

See the thing is ramp, some of us have lived through this several times before.

It's like a woman who keeps going back to her abusive husband.

Except we pay to be abused.

i see

well i would be able to leave the game..i can barely stand it when the marlins have an off day

Oh don't misunderstand me, I will listen to them over my free radio station.

And I will watch them on Fox Sports Net, which is part of my cable package.

But I won't buy a ticket.

I won't subscrible to MLB radio.

I won't purchase extra innings.

I'm just not going to give them money again for a long time.

i guess

everyone is entitled to cbus's opinion.

to compare the baseball union with other unions across the country is ludicrous. no other union in this country has members who average $2.3 million/year in salary.

fans do have a say, with their wallets. if i choose to not ever spend another dime on the game, that is my prerogative. we support the players and the owners by going to games, watching games on tv, buying the products they advertise during the games, and buying merchandise. and if enough people walk away, it does hurt them. owners can spend their money anyway they see fit, so can i.

perhaps you shouldn't tell me or anyone else who is a fan of the game that we don't love the game if we stand up for ourselves in this whole mess. NOBODY is watching out for the fans here.
    NOBODY.
    baseball has lost touch with the fans. and if they aren't careful, they will look back one day and say, "hey, we didn't have it so bad."

i love this game. it kills me to see this happening.
    and it pisses me off to have to listen to people like you tell me what to do with my time and hard earned dollar.

Team Puffy Leadoff Hitter CbusRed's Avatar
    Mckenzie,Im not trying to tell you what to do with your money. but everyone seems to think its OK to tell the owners what to do with THEIR money.

As public as it may seem, baseball is ran by PRIVATE BUSINESSMEN. And who are we to tell these people what to do with their money.

TC, and others.... What is you not going to games going to prove? Who is going to "learn" this lesson that you are trying to "teach"? Ok, everyone stop going to games, do you think baseball is just going to hang around and be sad that nobody likes it? hell no! teams will be sold/folded, whatever. Something will be done to save at least some of the investment that the owners have made. I dont understand what your argument is for? The players wont be affected, they can always go somewhere else and play ball, plus most of them have allready made a small fortune for themselves.

And to all of you who ***** about the players making millions and having no right to be upset.. Face the facts, entertainment makes alot of money. Look at movie stars, writers, musicians, strippers. All these people make alot of money, and they are all doing the same thing, giving people something interesting to look at/listen to/read.

Sure, get pissed at george stienbrenner for buying players, its his money, he knows how to run a business. but also get pissed at Intel for spending alot of money researching and developing that P4 processor that you are using to make your ridiculous posts. The point I am trying to make is that Major League Baseball is a business, has been for a long long time. And if it took you til now to figure this out, I apologize.

So go out and teach baseball that lesson you want to teach, but also study for the lesson its going to teach you when it packs up and leaves for good.

Turn Off Ads?