Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife Accuses Michael Strahan of "Alternative Lifestyle"

Wife Accuses Michael Strahan of "Alternative Lifestyle"

http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2006/0621strahan.htm

By Cyd Zeigler jr.

The wife of New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan coyly accused her husband of having an extramarital affair with another man, TV doctor Ian Smith, in their divorce proceedings on Tuesday, the New York Daily News is reporting.

"Michael moved into Ian's one-bedroom apartment," Jean Strahan said, according to the Daily News. "And you can say an alternative lifestyle sprouted." Her lawyer then stopped her before she could elaborate, the Daily News reports.

Both Robert Penza, Michael Strahan's attorney, and Smith denied a sexual relationship between Smith and Strahan.

After her client made the claim, Ellen Marshall, Jean Strahan's lawyer, seemingly tried to back away from the suggestion of a homosexual relationship between the two men.

"I don't think she's making a definitive allegation," Marshall, said, according to the Daily News. "Couples have private squabbles. This is one of them."

The divorce proceedings have been splashed across the front pages of the New York tabloids and has blown into a public spectacle. Both sides have accused the other of going on reckless shopping sprees; and on Monday, Jean Strahan was reported to have broken down during some of her husband's testimony.

Smith is best-known as a regular contributor on ABC's "The View" and VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club." He also writes a medical column for Men's Health.

On Tuesday, Smith seemed to claim that, because he is a "happily married man," it was impossible for him to have been in a sexual relationship with Strahan. However, not only are the cases of married men having sex with one another well-documented, but it has become so common among black men that it even has a name - "the down low."

Books like J.L. King's On the Down Low: A Journey into the Lives of "Straight" Black Men Who and Keith Boykin's Beyond the Down Low have debunked the notion that sex between two married black men who consider themselves "straight" is impossible. The "down low" lifestyle is generally faulted for the rise in the HIV-contraction rate within the black community.

Strahan is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and owns the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    ManITellUWhut

Re: Wife Accuses Michael Strahan of "Alternative Lifestyle"

I hope I don't offend anyone's politically correct sensibilities when I say YUCK and GROSS.

Smith and his twin brother went to high school near me and were known throughout the area as really great guys. Even in other high schools they had this rep for being exceptionally nice folks. I have no idea whether Smith is gay or not, but if he is and the affair rumors are true, Strahan's got himself quite a catch there.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
    Unless you're Ozzie Guillen.

Smith was on Opie and Anthony's show this morning denying any truth to any of this story. The divorce proceedings have been going on over a year and according to Smith, Strahan's wife has used racial slurs and other tactics against Strahan. Smith's wife is an attorney. I would expect a lot of people are going to be sued over this story.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    Unless you're Ozzie Guillen.
    But it means something different

SURE it does
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    But it means something different

SURE it does
    It does in England.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Smith was on Opie and Anthony's show this morning denying any truth to any of this story. The divorce proceedings have been going on over a year and according to Smith, Strahan's wife has used racial slurs and other tactics against Strahan. Smith's wife is an attorney. I would expect a lot of people are going to be sued over this story.
    Man, I need my eyes checked. I first saw that as "Opie and Andy's show".

Well, what do you expect when they "hang around" with naked men all the time?

In an unrelated story, I think, the Giants signed a running back today named Little John Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

Strahan is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and owns the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5.
    If the allegation is true, does it count as another sack?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    If the allegation is true, does it count as another sack?

Illegal use of the hands.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Illegal use of the hands.
    Off sides.

Turn Off Ads?