Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSN to broadcast 145 Reds games in 2007?

FSN to broadcast 145 Reds games in 2007?

Wow. Great to hear.

Fox to do 145 games

Fox Sports Network/Ohio added 17 games to its Reds television schedule this year after the season started, but they are going nearly all-out next year.

Next season, according to a source inside Fox, broadcasters George Grande and Chris Welsh will be busy guys. FSN/Ohio plans televise 145 of the Reds' 162 games.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...snotesweb.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FSN to broadcast 145 Reds game in 2007?

Just replace George and Chris and I'd give a WOOHOO
    Go Gators!

Re: FSN to broadcast 145 Reds games in 2007?

:thumbdown :

Sorry, had to get my post count off 6666.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I'll have to be more selective.

Northern Ohio Reds fans - this might be your "out" - with the Indians on STO - FSN might actually make FSN Ohio Reds games all over Ohio.

Never know.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    :thumbdown :

Sorry, had to get my post count off 6666.
    We understand

Good smiley use
    Go Gators!

Very good news. The next move they need to make is to broadcast games in high definition. That new network the Indians broadcast on shows all their games in high def. It would be nice if FSN could show the Reds games in HD.

I am just happy that for the first time EVER, I am able to watch the Reds on Fox Sports SOUTH. For some reason Fox Sports South is rebroadcasting all of the Reds games this year. It is really cool. The odd thing is that it doesn't show up on the schedule...I have Moxi and Media Center and neither one shows when the games will be on. I just realized this in the last couple of days. Most of the state of Tennessee is getting the Reds now...
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Here's a question. Since Pete Rose is forbidden from working in baseball, does that preclude him from working as an announcer as well? I think he and Welsh would make a decent broadcasting team.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think MLB would frown on it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I think MLB would frown on it.
    Yeah, but they also frown on anyone who isn't the Yankees and Red Sox winning the World Series.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Tom Seaver looks and sounded good - and he's a former Red - plus Ted Robinson's available - I'll take those two please.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

That would be sweet if Pete did some games. He'd be fascinating and insightful, I bet (haha).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Here's a question. Since Pete Rose is forbidden from working in baseball, does that preclude him from working as an announcer as well? I think he and Welsh would make a decent broadcasting team.
    The radio announcers are employees of the Reds, but I don't know whether the same is true of the TV announcers. If the TV announcers get their paychecks from the Reds, then Pete's ban would preclude him getting that job.

Great news!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Yeah, but they also frown on anyone who isn't the Yankees and Red Sox winning the World Series.
    They could frown on it and schedule us for Sunday nights opening again just to be mean
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?