Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly: Pujols Back Friday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Possibly: Pujols Back Friday

From Rotoworld.com:

Albert Pujols (oblique) took batting practice, fielded grounders and ran hard in the outfield Tuesday.

It's possible that Pujols will be activated for Friday's game against the Tigers. "He's stepping up the program. Everything so far, he's feeling good," manager Tony La Russa said. "He'll keep stepping it up until he's game-ready. But there is a conditioning factor now, too. It's not just getting his legs in shape and his arm in shape, there is a lot to get ready."

Got to hope the Reds can turn things around...

Re: Possibly: Pujols Back Friday

Looks like that HGH is paying off.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Ha Ha.. Smooth!

Nice that he recover that fast in his old age
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    From Rotoworld.com:

Albert Pujols (oblique) took batting practice, fielded grounders and ran hard in the outfield Tuesday.

It's possible that Pujols will be activated for Friday's game against the Tigers. "He's stepping up the program. Everything so far, he's feeling good," manager Tony La Russa said. "He'll keep stepping it up until he's game-ready. But there is a conditioning factor now, too. It's not just getting his legs in shape and his arm in shape, there is a lot to get ready."

Got to hope the Reds can turn things around...
    ESPN is running a ticker at the bottom of the screen that LaRussa is thinking of activating him Monday.

If only he could pitch..

Quote Originally Posted by JimEdmonds15
    If only he could pitch..
    Yeah cause that the baseball gods... have punished the past 2 Cards starters with 9 ERs+

And now it looks like Edmonds might be down with a concussion.

Albert HGH Pujols is back in the lineup tonight.

That stuff works really well.

If I were the Cards I wouldn't rush him back this quick. Give him another couple of weeks - maybe till the All Star Break - and make sure he is 100%. It's not like anyone is breathing down their necks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Shouldn't this throw up some red flags that he is back in the lineup this fast after his injury?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Shouldn't this throw up some red flags that he is back in the lineup this fast after his injury?
    Albert is the chosen one
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    You think he's on HGH since he recovered quickly? I just don't see that. Pujols probably isn't 100%, but he will play like he is. Pujols often plays with injuries that would bench most players. Just remember back to when he played LF, and had the problem with his arm and couldn't throw a baseball. He talked LaRussa into letting him play 1B so he wouldn't have to throw much. Then he had the problems with his foot that most players would not have played through. Before this injury, Pujols has never been on the DL. That isn't someone that is taking someone, that is a tough guy that wants toplay no mattter how bad he is hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    You think he's on HGH since he recovered quickly? I just don't see that. Pujols probably isn't 100%, but he will play like he is. Pujols often plays with injuries that would bench most players. Just remember back to when he played LF, and had the problem with his arm and couldn't throw a baseball. He talked LaRussa into letting him play 1B so he wouldn't have to throw much. Then he had the problems with his foot that most players would not have played through. Before this injury, Pujols has never been on the DL. That isn't someone that is taking someone, that is a tough guy that wants toplay no mattter how bad he is hurting.
    the reason a lot of people think he is on HGH is because of his trainer. You can't deny that is kinda fishy.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?