Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joe Mays is pitching pretty good!

Re: Joe Mays is pitching pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    Was that true panegyric on your part, or insidious fulsome insincere, bathos?
    I have a commonplace book full of ballades, ghazals, Anacreontics, acrostics, sonnet crowns, and several hundred cyhydded naw ban lines written for your coronation.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

ghazal, and anacreon the great greek poet, approve but I am stymied by cyhydded, too recondite or abstruse for moi

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    What in heck happened in this thread?
    English Majors attack
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    English Majors attack
    Working with great frustration at writing quantitative verse in English. The Germanic tongues refuse it!!!

Perhaps I should try Old Church Slavonic?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Working with great frustration at writing quantitative verse in English. The Germanic tongues refuse it!!!

Perhaps I should try Old Church Slavonic?
    That would rock.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    That would rock.
    Would you care to pick up where we left off last time, in our discussion of Skeltonics?

is skeltonics a derivative subcult delineated in the manual "Subcults, I have Known" by Skeeter Barnes

is skeltonics a derivative subcult delineated in the manual "Subcults, I have Known" by Skeeter Barnes
    John Skelton prefigured Ben Hayes.

By the way, I find the anodyne banality of your handle, "redsupport," to be the sine qua non of wit and understatement.

well given the history of posting bowlderizing , the unexpurgated form of narrative having been negative requested ad infinitum, a more ph neutral conconction may be more palatable. What are your thoughts?

oh yeah, freaking palate away, kids.

i will translate for mysefl: oh dude your girl's hot who is she, she is sarah silverman, wow you must be smarter than me you say a lot more, liar liar pants on fire you've been talking your mouyth off, you making fun of me or do you really think i'm cute, no dude i really mean it i can back it up with fancy words, oh you flatter me you crazy, whoa you guys are smart, well we can speak in a differne language, sweet dude [then names I don't know except skeeter banres], by the way dude your name rocks, you're a funny dude with your all in-your-face "redsupport", well maybe since everybody likes the short talk i should make it easier to understnad. less understated. Or something.

Now that took about seven whole minutes of work but I did enjoy your conversation. What I could understand of it.

Anyway I'm sleepy and i'm going to bed, but I still am not convinced that joe mays is going to be pitching pretty good for pretty long.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

PS and Ian Curtis is the best -looking avatar on this thread.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

well given the history of posting bowlderizing , the unexpurgated form of narrative having been negative requested ad infinitum, a more ph neutral conconction may be more palatable. What are your thoughts?
    I find your work to be akin to that of Andrew Marvell's in his splendid "Second Advice to a Painter for Drawing the History of our Naval Busynesse. In Imitation of Edmund Waller." Your mock-panegyrics of the Reds are the stuff of ubi-sunt verse.

your prosody is sui generis,euphonic and mellifluous, why even the curmudgeon critic, former first rounder Pat Osburn has opined positively on the hexameter inherent in the brilliant verse

by the way the devastatingly, didactic, discursive, doggerrel of Skelton leads me to query, why did the Tudor satirist prefer ben Hayes. Did he detect some irreverance in Hayes' flaunting of the convention of trying to retire batsmen?

Turn Off Ads?