Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays is pitching pretty good!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joe Mays is pitching pretty good!

Whats everyone's thought's of his performance through 4 innings. The bottom of the 4th spoke volumes about what this guy could possibly do and as of right now he's a massive improvement over Brandon Clausen. Once again, Krivsky is looking like a genius One man's trash is another's treasure..

Re: Joe Mays is pitching pretty good!

Let's not jinx it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The Red Sox succeeded earlier this week with a Royals retread. Why not the Reds?

Looking very shaky, but effective when it counts... those 4 innings could have been disastrous...

I think that him getting out of trouble shows he's cool under pressure but then again this is only his first outing and its only the top of the 5th lets see how he does for the next 2 to 3 innings. So far Im very excited about this guy..

Kearns should of caught that

Quote Originally Posted by nick311reds
    Kearns should of caught that
    Kearns has caught pretty much anything hit in his direction all season so far... I forgive him.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Rut Roh. He's getting shelled in the 5th.

Wow, Nady will swing at anything
    "There have been only two geniuses in the world, Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare." Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries
    Rut Roh. He's getting shelled in the 5th.
    Except that Kearns missed a ball that he should have caught, and the Reds should've turned a double play before Wright's double. Our defense gave the Mets five outs in the fifth.

I will say this for Mays. He really buckled down when there were jams and avoided the "big inning". He got ahead of hitters and did all of the things that Claussen hasn't been doing lately.

I'm not saying that I have a lot of faith in this guy, because his recent history is awful. But at least for one night he did a decent job.

he pitched well, he escaped trouble adroitly

I believe I had read that while in the minors mays worked alot with ted powers and they worked on his mechanics and believed they fixed alot of things. I think he said his fastball wasnt sinking before and he had gotten it back to sinking like it had in the years he had been successful. So hopefully he has turned it around and take over that 5th spot in the rotation, put claussen in the pen and in my opinion you strengthen the rotation and the pen at the same time. Assuming that mays has turned it around.

welcome, a great inaugural post, this is a great board

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13
    I believe I had read that while in the minors mays worked alot with ted powers and they worked on his mechanics and believed they fixed alot of things. I think he said his fastball wasnt sinking before and he had gotten it back to sinking like it had in the years he had been successful. So hopefully he has turned it around and take over that 5th spot in the rotation, put claussen in the pen and in my opinion you strengthen the rotation and the pen at the same time. Assuming that mays has turned it around.
    you are correct there, because I read this as well, and I believe that Hume had talked to Powers about this such thing so they could continue working on this or something to that effect.

I believe Mays could be a nice stopgap until a trade or another move is made...I think also reuniting him with Milton or maybe vice versa is also another great move.

Houdini like is this one, outta the jam again..

Turn Off Ads?