Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox360 or PS3

Xbox360 or PS3

Any thoughts on which system to buy...

I have an Xbox now but that does not affect my decision in anyway...I just want the superior machine...is it a definite that the PS3 will be better graphically??? I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 360, but if the PS3 is going to be better I'm willing to wait. FYI I could care less about the HiDef DVD w/ the PS3.

Thanks!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Xbox360 or PS3

The problem with the PS3 seems to be that so much effort was put into Blue-Ray, the system is not configured for superior gaming.
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

To me, the price difference is just shocking. The thing that Sony wanted to do with the PS3 is they wanted to make it a complete entertainment center instead of only being able to play games. Despite the price difference, I'll probably buy the PS3. I don't really have a reason for that decision other than I really like the PS2. For the casual gamer like me, I can't really see a huge difference in the two systems other than the Blue-Ray thing.... and I don't even know what that is.

I have a 360, and paired with a HD set, it's great. I definitely recommend.

Retired

I think in the end the PS3 is going to be the superior machine, but the price.............UGH. Is the difference between the 360 and PS3 worth the extra money? Probably not. If you don't have a HDTV set, you won't be able to take advantage of either machines capability, IMO.

I'll probably buy a PS3 when it comes out, because the the PS platform usually has more games available, but it is way overpriced.

University of Cincinnati

If you couldn't care less for the HD DVD then I would go with the Xbox 360, if you compare side by side the specs they are almost identical. Graphics, processors, and the like are pretty much the same. I did buy the Xbox 360 back in the beginning of april and absolutely love it.
    THE University of Cincinnati

What's the price of the PS3?

I've heard there will be a battle for the prevailing HD DVD format, is that true?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I just bought a 360 this week and recommend it VERY highly, By far the best gaming system I've ever had, and it looks great even when you don't have the HD switch on.

I'm leaning toward the Ps3 just for the Blu-Ray drive
    Go Gators!

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    What's the price of the PS3?

I've heard there will be a battle for the prevailing HD DVD format, is that true?
    Price for the PS3 will be $500-$600.

As far as the HD DVD format, yes there is a huge battle, its between Toshiba's HD DVD and Sony's Blu-Ray DVD both of which are High Def DVD's. I have heard that if you buy a DVD for one on the systems it will not play on the other. So until this is sorted out I really wouldn't base my reason behind buying a PS 3 on the Blu Ray DVD.

Toshiba's HD DVD systems are already out and I believe Sony's Blue Ray should be coming out as early as in the next month, we'll have to see how that goes.

Sony lost the Betamax - VHS wars years ago, even though their technology was superior.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Expect combo drives that can play both, the format war will end in a whimper.
    Go Gators!

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Expect combo drives that can play both, the format war will end in a whimper.
    Hopefully it ends that simple. Its kind of ridiculous that this is going on, they should just form some kind of partnership and take the best qualities from each and put it together....

$500-600!!!

I'll stick with my Colecovision.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I got one of those Atari Flashbacks for Christmas, it cost like 30 bucks I think and I can play Pitfall II.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?