Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griffey drops to fourth in ASG voting

Griffey drops to fourth in ASG voting

After last week it looked like Griffey was a shoe in to make the team but somehow Soriano and Bay have knocked Griffey and Andruw out of the top 3. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew and encourage them to vote. I have to admit I was slacking myself until I saw this. You can vote 25 times per email addy. It doesnt take that long because they keep your picks selected so all you have to do is click a few times to vote again. It took me probably 8 min to vote 50 times using two email accounts. I think it is always good to see reds in the game. If Griffey doesnt get in we will probably only have one again this year. Arroyo, who may get the start if he finishes strong and webb struggles. Wouldnt that be something a reds starter starting the ASG. Phillips might get in but he will probably get squeezed. Keep in mind that when you vote OF dont vote for those ahead of Jr. because that really wouldnt help him. Here is the leaderboard as of Mon. Voting ends June 29.

1. Carlos Beltran, Mets 1,129,865
    2. Alfonso Soriano, Nationals 1,084,936
    3. Jason Bay, Pirates 1,069,986
    4. Ken Griffey Jr., Reds 1,032,102
    5. Andruw Jones, Braves 1,017,023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey drops to fourth in ASG voting

I'll help push his vote up total when I wake up later today.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

in fairness, the fans are getting this right. Soriano and Bay are better options than Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA
    After last week it looked like Griffey was a shoe in to make the team but somehow Soriano and Bay have knocked Griffey and Andruw out of the top 3. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew and encourage them to vote. I have to admit I was slacking myself until I saw this. You can vote 25 times per email addy. It doesnt take that long because they keep your picks selected so all you have to do is click a few times to vote again. It took me probably 8 min to vote 50 times using two email accounts. I think it is always good to see reds in the game. If Griffey doesnt get in we will probably only have one again this year. Arroyo, who may get the start if he finishes strong and webb struggles. Wouldnt that be something a reds starter starting the ASG. Phillips might get in but he will probably get squeezed. Keep in mind that when you vote OF dont vote for those ahead of Jr. because that really wouldnt help him. Here is the leaderboard as of Mon. Voting ends June 29.

1. Carlos Beltran, Mets 1,129,865
    2. Alfonso Soriano, Nationals 1,084,936
    3. Jason Bay, Pirates 1,069,986
    4. Ken Griffey Jr., Reds 1,032,102
    5. Andruw Jones, Braves 1,017,023

Do you think that Jr. actually deserves to be an All-Star? Dunn deserves to be on the team well ahead of Jr.

If they take 5, here is my list:

Bay, Beltran, Holliday, Carlos Lee, and Abreu. Dunn or Soriano would be next.

Jr. .836 OPS

Bay 1.014
    Beltran 1.010
    Holliday 1.005
    Abreu .950
    Lee .941
    Soriano .940
    Dunn .939

Those numbers may not include last night. Jr. being voted to the All-Star team would be a classic example of why fans should not be able to vote. btw, I would also take Kearns over Jr.
    Last edited by Jpup; 06-20-2006 at 07:19 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

NL Outfield Leaders in WinShares (as of 6/15):
    Beltran 17
    Abreu 14
    Soriano 13
    C. Lee 11
    D. Roberts 11
    Dunn 10
    Bonds 10
    Giles 10
    Bay 10
    Holliday 10

Griffey 7
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    NL Outfield Leaders in WinShares (as of 6/15):
    Beltran 17
    Abreu 14
    Soriano 13
    C. Lee 11
    D. Roberts 11
    Dunn 10
    Bonds 10
    Giles 10
    Bay 10
    Holliday 10

Griffey 7
    Wow, Dave Roberts? Hmmm, i don't know how much I like that win shares stat anymore.

.797 OPS
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

19-23 SBs and 36 RS in 57 games. Better than average glove.

That's the Hardball Times version as well, which a bit different from the Jamesian version... as they say: "Win Shares measures contribution, not true talent. If a player has a fluky year and hits, say, 50 home runs, he receives full credit for those home runs. The fact that he's never going to do it again doesn't matter."

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    19-23 SBs and 36 RS in 57 games. Better than average glove.

That's the Hardball Times version as well, which a bit different from the Jamesian version... as they say: "Win Shares measures contribution, not true talent. If a player has a fluky year and hits, say, 50 home runs, he receives full credit for those home runs. The fact that he's never going to do it again doesn't matter."
    Do you have the current Reds win shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Do you have the current Reds win shares?
    Once again, these are through 6/15:
    Arroyo 11
    Dunn 10
    Ross 8
    Lopez 8
    Phillips 7
    Encarnacion 7
    Griffey Jr. 7
    Kearns 6
    Harang 6
    Hatteberg 6
    Coffey 6
    Milton 4
    Aurilia 4
    Weathers 3
    Ramirez 3

Everyone else is 1 or 0

new thread for this
    Last edited by SirFelixCat; 06-20-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    IMO, Arroyo and Ross should represent the Reds in the ASG this year, but I know it's all a dream....

Wow...after sorting the stats, Ross should CLEARLY be at the ASG:
    (for all NL catchers---min. 80 AB's)

OBP- 1st (.413)
    SLG- 1st (.753)
    BA - 2nd (.337)
    HR - 1st (10)
    RBI's 7th (24) Note: All but one ahead of him have AT LEAST TWICE AS MANY AB'S.

Those are some pretty impressive stats...what say you?

I was thinking, last night, that Ross should be an All-Star, but I just can't see them naming him to the team. It should probably be Ross and McCann, but neither one of them will be on the team. It will be LoDuca and Barrett probably. Barrett has had a good year.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Vote Link

Copy the following and paste into the address bar and hit <enter> when you get to the AL voting screen.

Code:
    javascript: SetCookie("as2006ballot","nl_1b=115135&nl_2b=&nl_3b=115135&nl_ss=115135&nl_ca=115135&nl_o0=115135&nl_o1=115135&nl_o2=115135&nl_w1f=Brandon&nl_w1l=Phillips&nl_w1c=cin&nl_w1p=2b","","/",".mlb.com"); alert("Thanks for voting for all Ken Griffey (and Brandon Phillips)!");document.location.replace("/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/ballot_success.html");

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Do you think that Jr. actually deserves to be an All-Star?
    In the sense that he is one of the greatest players ever, yes. :
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Yes I think that Jr. deserves to be an All Star. I think the all star game is the fans chance to vote the players they want to see play. Post season awards are there to award players for great stats and seasons. Fans are to vote players in that they want to entertain them. Do people really want to tune in to watch Jason Bay? I mean he may be having a great year but he doesnt exactly strike me as a player that is going to do something that makes me talk about the next day. I think the best way is to vote for guys who are the players you want to watch. After all the mananger will pick the reserves on merit and they will be in the game when it counts. Thats what makes baseball ASG's great is the fact you get legends starting and guys having great years playing the rest of the way. Nice blend.

I want to see Jason Bay play. He is a far superior player to Jr. and pretty much everyone else at this point. It's not close.

Turn Off Ads?