Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospect Profile: Sean Watson

Re: Prospect Profile: Sean Watson

Mid 90s is the best info I could find. I don't have a subscription to the paid parts of the BA site, but I'd say more detail could be found there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Could Sean Watson be off to a better start than he is right now? After another perfect outing last night, his season stats now stand at 7.2 innings, 0 baserunners allowed, and nine strikeouts. It appears the Reds are stretching him out in hopes of turning him into a starter. Smart move, IMO. A guy with a 95 mph fastball and four pitches needs to be a starter.

Updated stats:

Code:
    Sean Watson: Individual Stats (Pitching) 
    Team             From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO 
    Billings Mustangs 06/20 06/27 0 0 0.00 2 0 0 0 1 7.2 0 0 0 0 0 9

Wouldn't be surprised to see Watson in Dayton soon. Reds need to promote Ward, maybe Fisher, maybe even Wood, and will need replacements at Dayton.

I agree that Watson will probably be bumped up to Dayton - probably as soon as they feel his arm has been stretched out enough. However, I think it's a given that he is going to be watched very closely and will not be pushed much passed 70 or 80 pitches per outing for the remainder of the season. My best guess is that he will replace Ward (possibly Fisher also, but not Wood). I see Wood spending the entire season at Dayton just as Homer did in his first full season, and moving up to Sarasota to begin next season.

Sean Watson makes his first start of the season for the Mustangs. Watson, the No. 2 draft pick of the Cincinnati Reds, has thrown 72/3 perfect innings in relief in two games. He's also struck out nine batters. Dan Fournier (0-0) is scheduled to pitch for the Osprey.

http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...al/50-cruz.txt

Thomas Pauly: Hopefully they keep him on a strict pitch count

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude
    Thomas Pauly: Hopefully they keep him on a strict pitch count
    I read some where that there were questions about Pauly having a bum shoulder when he got drafted.

The game marked the first professional start for Watson, the Cincinnati Reds' second-round selection in the 2006 draft out of the University of Tennessee.

Watson, who came into the game having thrown 7 2/3 innings of hitless relief this season, was held to a 50-pitch limit, which he reached in three innings.

Watson gave up two runs -- neither of which were earned -- three hits and two walks, and didn't register a strikeout.

"Command wise, it was not (Watson's) best effort," Burleson said. "His stuff is there, obviously. We were hoping to maybe get five innings out of him tonight, but he went too deep in counts and we weren't able to make a couple plays behind him."

http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...0-mustangs.txt

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    The game marked the first professional start for Watson, the Cincinnati Reds' second-round selection in the 2006 draft out of the University of Tennessee.

Watson, who came into the game having thrown 7 2/3 innings of hitless relief this season, was held to a 50-pitch limit, which he reached in three innings.

Watson gave up two runs -- neither of which were earned -- three hits and two walks, and didn't register a strikeout.

"Command wise, it was not (Watson's) best effort," Burleson said. "His stuff is there, obviously. We were hoping to maybe get five innings out of him tonight, but he went too deep in counts and we weren't able to make a couple plays behind him."

http://www.billingsgazette.net/artic...0-mustangs.txt
    50 pitches in 5 innings!! that would be amazing. i'm glad we're striving for perfection though

Another solid outing by Sean Watson last night (7/8). Updated season stats:

Sean Watson: Individual Stats (Pitching)
    Code:
    Team From To W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO 
    Billings Mustangs 06/20 07/08 0 0 0.00 4 2 0 0 1 14.1 6 2 0 0 2 10

Turn Off Ads?