Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: English Bulldog vs. Samsung 50" DLP HDTV

Re: English Bulldog vs. Samsung 50" DLP HDTV

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    There's a guy in my neighborhood who owns a cat and a dog. He walks the dog on a leash. The cat trots along beside him with no leash, as if he and the guy are out walking their poor, stupid dog.

That's exactly what my wife does when she walks our dog. The two cats go along for the walk.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

If you're looking for companionship, you can't go wrong with a golden retriever. My dog, Jack, is without a doubt, my most loyal and best friend. He also gets his share of looks. Beautiful animal.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    If you're looking for companionship, you can't go wrong with a golden retriever. My dog, Jack, is without a doubt, my most loyal and best friend. He also gets his share of looks. Beautiful animal.
    Best family dog on the planet for my money!

Goldies are very high energy, though, so probably not a good choice for beb.

Randy, Goldies are very prone to lymphosarcoma. As Jack gets older, you will want to take him to get check ups probably every 6 months. If you notice any odd lumps or bumps, get them checked out immediately. Lymphosarcoma responds well to treatment if caught early.

Best dog I ever had was a Golden. He died of pnuemonia when I was about 14. That was tough.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Of course, I have to give a shout out to my namesake (and personal favorite breed), the heeler. Unfortunately, Wyatt, the dog who inspired my screen name, died of congestive heart failure last year. Not a dog for everybody as they are tempermental, snappy little beasts. However, they are loyal, protective, and tough as nails, too. They really do best as farm dogs.

Last edited by Red Heeler; 06-23-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    Of course, I have to give a shout out to my namesake (and personal favorite breed), the heeler. Unfortunately, Wyatt, the dog who inspired my screen name, died of congestive heart failure last year. Not a dog for everybody as they are tempermental, snappy little beasts. However, they are loyal, protective, and tough as nails, too. They really do best as farm dogs.

My friend had one, he was prehistoric... his name was Darwin, and lived on a ranch.

University of Cincinnati

Well just to post an update, I got sucked into buying a Bulldog, I couldnt help it. I really have wanted one for awhile and after careful thought I decided this was the best time to get one seeing that I had the money and people to help take care of it. I hope I made a good decision below I've attached a couple pictures of him.
    THE University of Cincinnati

Good luck. It's a big committment to own a dog.

Oh my Lord, he is adorable. Does he have a name yet? Has he bitten through your hand yet?

Good luck!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

University of Cincinnati

Thanks guys, yes it was hard to pick out a name b/c I liked a couple including Winston, Tank, and Whitey (which was breeders original nickname for it) but the one i stuck with was Dozer.

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    Thanks guys, yes it was hard to pick out a name b/c I liked a couple including Winston, Tank, and Whitey (which was breeders original nickname for it) but the one i stuck with was Dozer.
    I dated a girl whose boxer was named Winston, same face.

Congrats, beb! Hard plastic toys are all I can really give my lab...watch him like a hawk because I'm sure he'll put anything into his mouth and start chewing!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I dated a girl whose boxer was named Winston, same face.
    Who???? The girl or the dawg???

All bulldawgs should be named UGA.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Congrats, beb! Hard plastic toys are all I can really give my lab...watch him like a hawk because I'm sure he'll put anything into his mouth and start chewing!
    That he does including some of the metal polls and fences outside, kind of crazy

Turn Off Ads?