Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which players is better?

Which players is better?

Here are the hitting stats for our league:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS.

In general, who would you rather have? Coco Crisp or Curtis Granderson?

Code:
    C. Crisp  (Bos - OF)
     H/AB R H HR RBI SB BB AVG OBP SLG OPS 

35/125 20 35 3 12 5 8 .280 .323 .400 .723 

C. Granderson   (Det - OF)
    H/AB R H HR RBI SB BB AVG OBP SLG OPS 

77/271 45 77 10 35 4 42 .284 .378 .483 .861
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-22-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which players is better?

granderson
    School's out. What did you expect?

I'd take Granderson just because his supporting cast helps him more.

Three players just hit the waiver wire in my league:

1B/3B/OF Chad Tracy
    OF Kevin Mench
    and SS Hanley Ramirez

Would you take any of those three over Granderson?

I like Tracy because of his position flexiblity, but not sure if I should take him over Granderson, or if I should take Mench over them.

I don't think I have a need for Ramirez as much, at least why he's slumping at the plate...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I like Granderson a lot, and have him on my squad -- but he's more valuable in my league because we're position-limited in the OF and actually have to have someone who qualifies in RF, LF and CF. LFs are a dime a dozen (Dunn, Cabrera, and Burrell all qualify there for me), but good CFs were a little harder to come by in the draft, so Granderson has really stepped up for me.

Also -- hot tip: That Russ Martin kid in L.A. is pretty damn good. 2 more RBI last night, and he's already been named their starting catcher for the forseeable future.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Also -- hot tip: That Russ Martin kid in L.A. is pretty damn good. 2 more RBI last night, and he's already been named their starting catcher for the forseeable future.
    I like Russ Martin a lot. If I didn't have Victor Martinez, I'd be all over him. As is, I can't see adding him just to platoon with Martinez.

I'm currently platooning Granderson with Gomes, who has struggled the last month, but seems to be coming out of it. Gomes and Granderson complement each other real well. Gomes hits well at home, Granderson hits well on the road. Gomes hits LHP real well, Granderson hits RHP well. Gomes hits well at night, Granderson hits well during the day.

I think I'm going to keep Granderson for now and then if he slumps, or tails off, I can look to make a move, but he's actually playing well right now. No reason I can see for making a change just to make a change.

Sorry I wasted your or anyone else's time. I just saw Chad Tracy and Kevin Mench's name on the waiver wire and thought, should I?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Coco Crisp was superb in the second-half of last season, keep that in mind, once he gets back to full- speed and regains the leadoff spot, which he will, he is going to blow up. He will have more steals than granderson, and a much better second half, I would go with him. Tracy is also a very good commodity to have as well, I would prob. take him over granderson as well, if you need flexibility he may be the best choice. Mench is losing AB's as Derosa has been hot.

Turn Off Ads?