Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 6/22 Minor League Update (Homer makes his Lookouts debut)

Re: 6/22 Minor League Update (Homer makes his Lookouts debut)

Before we start crowing about the awesomeness of Homer, let's keep in mind that Howington had a similar breakthrough season in 2001 (cruising through 3 levels of the minors as a 20 year old and ending his season in Chattanooga) before his career was derailed by injuries. Hopefully, Homer can avoid Ty's fate, but let's not count our chickens until they hatch.
    If you read my post you'lll see no mention of Howington. The comparison was to Gruler only, thanks.

While I think there are reasonable comparisons to Howington based on Howington's 2001 season, there are important differences between the two prospects -- at least there have been for me (mechanics, secondary pitches and pre- and post-draft soft scouting "buzz").
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/22 Minor League Update (Homer makes his Lookouts debut)

Southern League

RHP Homer Bailey vaporized 7 batters in 6 shutout innings of 5-hit ball to earn the victory in his Double-A debut, as Chattanooga (CIN) goosed Carolina (FLA), 7-0. Bailey reportedly reached 98 MPH on the gun with the cheese. Smokiní. Just as important, he didnít issue a walk. Very impressive. I thought the talk of Bailey pitching in the major leagues this season seemed far-fetched, but not no more I donít. Iím getting ready to set the Call-up Clock alarm for August. Bailey actually has a losing record this season (4-5) but that is quite deceptive. The 20-year-old right-hander has yielded just 54 hits and 22 walks in 76.2 innings of work, striking out 86. His ERA is a rock-solid 3.05. I consider Bailey the best pitching prospect in the minors today, although he does have some competition for the spot. Just check the Eastern League.

http://www.ondeckbaseball.com/?p=51#comments
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?