Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jay Mariotti takes cheap shot at Reds

Jay Mariotti takes cheap shot at Reds

On Around the Horn talking about Pujols

"They {Cardinals} are 4 ahead of Cincy who won't be a factor"

Screw you Jay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Mariotti takes cheap shot at Reds

With this bullpen he's right
    Go Gators!

Hard to argue with anyone with that view. This team will be regarded no differently than those from the past few years until they can prove that they have staying power. Losing 10 of 14 after pushing their way to the top isn't going to impress anyone at this point.

Retired

Don't worry, Ozzie's on it.

The team as it stands won't be IMO. However, I do think that if the they make a couple of good trades that might change. If the Reds can hang around into the second week of July you never know what might happen.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    The team as it stands won't be IMO. However, I do think that if the they make a couple of good trades that might change. If the Reds can hang around into the second week of July you never know what might happen.
    Yup. 162 games is a lot of baseball, and the bulk of it still hasn't been played.

The team is what, 6 games over .500 right now? That's a solid half-dozen games more than I thought they'd ever see over the .500 mark this season.

Patience is key -- things will shake down and we'll see what happens. So far, Krivsky has done a lot of good (with a share of puzzling), so let's see how he moves the franchise down the stretch -- either with the goal of winning this year, or setting the team in a better position for next year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Catching the Cardinals likely won't happen this year unless The Kriv pulls off some remarkable trades in the next month. However, competing for the Wild Card spot is still very realistic unless no bullpen upgrades are made. The new management team has said all that they will add payroll if this team has a chance to make the playoffs. This team could play poorly the next few weeks and still be in the Wild Card race so adding payroll looks likely. I'm very curious and excited to see what moves will be made in the upcoming weeks. This team is close to being very good and reminds me more of the 1999 team rather than the 2002 and 2004 teams. It's so nice to have decent starting pitching for a change.

BTW, I think Mariotti should go hide in a hole for awhile....or forever.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

as of right now, i agree
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

The funniest thing about that quote is the fact that the Reds swept St. Louis at Busch Stadium a few weeks back. The Reds went into a funk again mainly because of the bullpen but this ballclub is pretty decent overall. If Krivsky can work some more magic and get some bullpen help, Mariotti could be eating his own words.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Mariotti's an Ohio University guy- his Wikipedia entry said he "attended", so I don't know if he's an alumnus. It's the rule that if you go to OU you can't be "famous" unless you drop out, but I'm embarrassed to have his dumb ass polluting the cable spectrum (not that he should be called the name he was called, either).

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio
    Hard to argue with anyone with that view. This team will be regarded no differently than those from the past few years until they can prove that they have staying power. Losing 10 of 14 after pushing their way to the top isn't going to impress anyone at this point.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Mariotti's an Ohio University guy- his Wikipedia entry said he "attended", so I don't know if he's an alumnus. It's the rule that if you go to OU you can't be "famous" unless you drop out, but I'm embarrassed to have his dumb ass polluting the cable spectrum (not that he should be called the name he was called, either).

add him to Matt Lauer and I guess I'm glad I dropped out of telecommunications while I was at OU.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Unfortunately he's right for this year

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Unless the Reds get some major improvement in the bullpen, and a starter via trade I would also have to agree.

I still can't believe Chris Hammond is on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    Unless the Reds get some major improvement in the bullpen, and a starter via trade I would also have to agree.

I still can't believe Chris Hammond is on this team.

We are probably better of with Darrell Hammond of Saturday Night Live at this point.

He plays a mean Bill Clinton.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?