Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who DH's this weekend?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Griffey

32 60.38%
  • Dunn

10 18.87%
  • Felipe

0 0%
  • RA

2 3.77%
  • Ross

2 3.77%
  • Bring Edwin off the DL and let him DH

6 11.32%
  • Other (please specify)

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you DH this weekend?

Who do you DH this weekend?

So we play in Cleveland this weekend, meaning we will be able to utilize the DH. Who do you put there?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who do you DH this weekend?

Freel is hot right now, play him and DH Dunn or JR
    Go Gators!

Man Pills

I can't play the field, but I can certainly throw the bat at a pitched ball.

This is a tough call. Likely, Griffey and Dunn will DH a game each and someone else, EDDY, in another game. However, I think Dunn should be DH'ing because he's one of the worst, if not the worst, outfielders in the game. Yes, Griffey is injury prone, but he's a much better defender than Dunn. Wouldn't this be a great time to try Freel in center with Griffey in left while Dunn DH's? I think so.

Another option would be to DH Lopez trying Phillips out at SS. Aurilia or Freel could fill in at 2B. I think everyone would like to get a taste of Phillips at SS. Very unlikely, but maybe try it out a game. I do believe Phillips would make a better SS than Lopez, but I'm not completely sold on it. How would Phillips semi-sidearm action work throwing from SS to 1B? I'm not convinced it'd be great because it resembles Eddy's action a little bit. It's not the most accurate way of throwing the ball. All that being said, I would like to see Phillips get the nod at SS once this weekend.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Griffey and Dunn will probably each DH 1 game.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Lopez is the DH on one of the games so that Castro or Aurilia can play shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Griffey and Dunn will probably each DH 1 game.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Lopez is the DH on one of the games so that Castro or Aurilia can play shortstop.
    quite possibly castro as SS but not aurilia.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I'd bring EE back and let him DH. If he is going to rehab in Louisville anyway, just bring him back and ease him in by DHing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I say get the best players you have on the field, at the same time giving guys a rest where needed.

game 1: lf-dunn cf-freel rf-kearns dh-griffey
    game 2: lf-freel cf-griffey rf-kearnsdh-dunn
    game 3: lf-dunn cf-freel- rf-kearns dh-griffey

by getting freel in the lineup it improves our team defense,speed and allows us to give griffey and dunn some rest from the outfield grind. I then go with the normal infield, except I give Aurilia and a catcher not named Ross one start.

I voted for Junior to dh.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    Junior rests: Center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. was out of Thursday's lineup against the Mets. Part of the reason was Griffey's history against starter Pedro Martinez (1-for-14, six strikeouts). But mostly it was because this was a day game after a night game.

Reds manager Jerry Narron let Griffey pick which game of this series he would take off.

"I could have told you what day he was going to pick," Narron said. "It has nothing to do with who's pitching, I can tell you that. If Sandy Koufax was pitching last night and somebody else today, he would have taken the day game off."

Narron then pondered the dream encounter -- Junior vs. Koufax?

"That would have been a pretty good matchup," Narron said.

Ryan Freel, who played third base the previous three games, moved to center field in place of Griffey, and Juan Castro started at third.

This weekend against Cleveland, Narron planned to use Griffey as the designated hitter in one or two games.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    This is a tough call. Likely, Griffey and Dunn will DH a game each and someone else, EDDY, in another game. However, I think Dunn should be DH'ing because he's one of the worst, if not the worst, outfielders in the game. Yes, Griffey is injury prone, but he's a much better defender than Dunn. Wouldn't this be a great time to try Freel in center with Griffey in left while Dunn DH's? I think so.

Another option would be to DH Lopez trying Phillips out at SS. Aurilia or Freel could fill in at 2B. I think everyone would like to get a taste of Phillips at SS. Very unlikely, but maybe try it out a game. I do believe Phillips would make a better SS than Lopez, but I'm not completely sold on it. How would Phillips semi-sidearm action work throwing from SS to 1B? I'm not convinced it'd be great because it resembles Eddy's action a little bit. It's not the most accurate way of throwing the ball. All that being said, I would like to see Phillips get the nod at SS once this weekend.
    Now you're thinkin.

Too bad that means Aurillia would probably be the most likely candidate to play 2B if Phillips plays SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Now you're thinkin.

Too bad that means Aurillia would probably be the most likely candidate to play 2B if Phillips plays SS.
    Not necessarily. Freel is pretty hot despite the game today. And with EE on the DL there's plenty of room to get both Freel and Aurilia both in the lineup. Plus, Aurilia still might not be 100% for the weekend. I see Freel playing all 3 games at 3 different positions.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

what do you guys think the line-up will be??? I would like to see this one.. We should be able to score plenty of runs for Harang, Arroyo, and Ramirez with that one!

1. Freel -CF
    2. Lopez -SS
    3. Griffey-DH
    4. Kearns-RF
    5. Dunn -LF
    6. Hatteberg-1st
    7. Phillips-2nd
    8. Ross -C
    9. Aurilia -3rd
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

DH Castro

Bring up Denorfia after a DFA of Hammond. Start him in 3 straight.

Just an idea. And a far-fetched one at that.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by gitrdunn44
    DH Castro
    Don't be surprised when it happens
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?