Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bronson on Quite Frankly

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Bronson on Quite Frankly

Saw Bronson on Quite Frankly with Steven A Smith last night. Nice interview, stuff we have pretty much heard before - was pissed when he first found out about the trade but understands he was the one that was tradeable in Boston, is liking Cincinnati, easier to pitch right now (No DH, No Yankees 19 times a year, NL Hitters dont know him, not as much pressure).

He was asked about the suprising start for the Reds and is it due to the pitching. He basically said, the Starting Pitching has been good, the line up has always been good, but (paraphrasing a bit here) we need better from our bullpen than we have gotten for the last two months.

Kinda suprised he just came out and said that without dancing around it. Overall nice interview.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson on Quite Frankly

That's one of the reasons why I like Bronson. He doesn't skate around the truth. If he pitches poorly he takes the blame. He knows what it takes to win. He's been there. And he knows that the bullpen is brutal. Maybe calling them out will help in some way. It can't hurt. I wish we had more guys like Bronson. Players that have been on winning teams and know what it takes.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Bronson on Quite Frankly

It doesn't sound like Bronson is saying anything that Weathers and Mercker, the most talkative and senior guys in the bullpen haven't said. The "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything" philosophy that pervades baseball soundbites has never been shown to be very effective as a motivational tool.

Turn Off Ads?