Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So BP says he still wishes he was an Indian

So BP says he still wishes he was an Indian

Found that as weird comment from him with the crafty lefthander on Reds pregame show on TV.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So BP says he still wishes he was an Indian

What was his quote? I could understand it because it means he would have had sucess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Could be that Reds44.

I watched and didn't hear that.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I watched and didn't hear that.
    I didn't hear it either.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    Found that as weird comment from him with the crafty lefthander on Reds pregame show on TV.

I'd be shocked if BP said that (the title of this thread).

It doesn't really make sense considering how unabashed he was detailing his dissatisfaction with the Indians franchise.

I know he said it.....It was first question asked....Chris said do you miss Cleveland and BP said I wish I was still and Indian.....but then went kinda back on it saying how he loves being on the Reds now ect.......I think it may be that he wished he did better there when he played there and meant it in that context.....

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    I know he said it.....It was first question asked....Chris said do you miss Cleveland and BP said I wish I was still and Indian.....but then went kinda back on it saying how he loves being on the Reds now ect.......I think it may be that he wished he did better there when he played there and meant it in that context.....
    Watching the game tonight it is apparent he has some very close friends in the Tribe dugout (particularly Jhonny Peralta). That is more than likely why he misses Cleveland. He certainly has no love for management there.

He said it, but he wouldn't trade what he's done in Cincy and he talked about how great it was. I'm sure Casey liked it better in Cincy too! Who knows, but I love BP. He's just an honest straight forward guy that loves to play the game and is pretty darn good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1
    He said it, but he wouldn't trade what he's done in Cincy and he talked about how great it was. I'm sure Casey liked it better in Cincy too! Who knows, but I love BP. He's just an honest straight forward guy that loves to play the game and is pretty darn good at it.
    Glad someone else heard it as well...... I was just surprised, you always hear player's saying how they miss there old team. Just not come out and say I wish I was still on that team. Then the rest of interview he quickly pointed how great the Reds were. Maybe hearing Arroyo love for the his X team is rubbing off on BP.....

Assuming this article is based on the TV interview, is this the comment you are referring to, Indyred?

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Phillips thankful he got his chance
    He harbors no ill will toward Indians
    BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

CLEVELAND - Brandon Phillips came up the steps to the Reds dugout, took one look at the media gathered to talk to him and said:

"You all are crazy."

Welcome to being the story of the day, Brandon.

Phillips returned to Cleveland - to play the team that traded him away for pretty much nothing - at the exact right time to be a big story for the Cleveland media.

The Indians are struggling. They are 32-40, 16 games behind Detroit in the American League Central.

Phillips is playing like an All-Star for a team that is winning. He is hitting .313 with seven home runs, 43 RBI and 14 steals in 14 tries.

Phillips has kept the I-told-you-so's to himself since the Reds got him.

He did that again Friday.

"I wish the Cleveland Indians the best," he said. "I never wanted to leave."

The only thing Phillips said that could be construed as mildly negative was about how his Indians career came to an end.

"When I found out the last day of spring training, I was a little disappointed," he said.

But he has moved on.

He said he doesn't feel added pressure in this series.

"I just want to help the Reds right now," he said. "It's all about winning. If we win and I don't do anything (in the series), that's cool."

Phillips knows better than anyone else that he failed to produce in Cleveland.

He hit .206 with six home runs, 38 RBI and four steals in 11 tries over 135 games during parts of four seasons.

"I'm glad a lot of things that happened to me happened," he said. "The mistakes I made made me stronger."

The Indians made Phillips their opening day second baseman as a 21-year-old in 2003.

"I don't know if I was rushed," he said. "I finally made it here. I found it's harder to stay than it is to get here."

Phillips seems to know what it takes to stay now.

"He's been outstanding for us," Reds manager Jerry Narron said.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...606240396/1071
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Thanks, TB, for the article.

If this is the quote in the TV interview, there is a heckuva difference between "BP wishes he was still an Indian" and "I never wanted to leave".

When traded, lots of players don't really want to leave a club but that doesn't mean they continue to wish they were back on the old team. Time marches on, ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski
    Thanks, TB, for the article.

If this is the quote in the TV interview, there is a heckuva difference between "BP wishes he was still an Indian" and "I never wanted to leave".

When traded, lots of players don't really want to leave a club but that doesn't mean they continue to wish they were back on the old team. Time marches on, ya know.
    It's different.....the interview was one on one with crafty lefty on Reds pregame tv show

First, Arroyo says he misses Boston and now this! What's wrong with Cincinnati!?

Probably nothing. I imagine there are lots of ways these comments can be taken, but neither has said anything bad about the city, team, or fans. Surely, if you play in a city, you will make friends, have favorite places to eat, etc.

I don't think either guy, Arroyo or Phillips, said anything to get upset about.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?