Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How Many Reds Make All Star Team?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Redleg

11 15.49%
  • 2 Redlegs

35 49.30%
  • 3 Redlegs

19 26.76%
  • 4 or more Redlegs

6 8.45%

Thread: How Many Reds Make All Star Team?

How Many Reds Make All Star Team?

With Jerry Narron being named one of the coaches, I was wondering if this may influence some of the selections. The only "Lock" is Bronson Arroyo. Todd Coffey deserves some serious consideration. What about the Reds position players?
    Last edited by NastyBoy; 06-23-2006 at 11:18 PM.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How Many Reds Make All Star Team?

Who is Jimmy Narron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Who is Jimmy Narron?
    I fixed it... I was thinking of coaches Jim Tracey and Jerry Narron...

I voted for 3 players. I have hope Griffey will get voted in and Phillips and Arroyo will be chosen.

2 unless Griffey gets voted in

Arroyo
    BP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I think that only Arroyo will make it. Some others are having good seasons, but they are not first or second best in the league seasons IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator
    I think that only Arroyo will make it. Some others are having good seasons, but they are not first or second best in the league seasons IMHO.
    Well BP and Dan Uggla are going to battle for that 2nd spot, because obviously Chase Utley is a lock. So we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next two weeks.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

How about Dunn? He does walk alot.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I would love to see Brandon Phillips make it and believe that he very much deserves it. However, I am afraid that Arroyo will be the only one unless Junior gets voted in. I think that Garner will take Biggio as the backup 2B. Uggla would have an advantage, too if he is the only pick from the fish. With the rotation switch and him pitching Sunday, I would not be surprised if Arroyo doesn't pitch. Otherwise, he may have been the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    How about Dunn? He does walk alot.
    Apparently not enough voters are enamored with the walks or homeruns. If his average and rbi's were a little more impressive... maybe he would compare better to soriano.

All Star Voting coming to a close... BUMP! I wish I could have made the poll end at midnight tonight.

I would love to see Brandon Phillips make it and believe that he very much deserves it. However, I am afraid that Arroyo will be the only one unless Junior gets voted in. I think that Garner will take Biggio as the backup 2B. Uggla would have an advantage, too if he is the only pick from the fish. With the rotation switch and him pitching Sunday, I would not be surprised if Arroyo doesn't pitch. Otherwise, he may have been the starter.
    Good point on Biggio, I was going to mention it as well. Uggla could make it but Miguel Cabrera has been outstanding @ 3B so he may back-up David Wright if Rolen doesn't get it. Miggy can also play COF so he might get the nod to give the staff some versatility. Or Dontrelle Willis will snatch it up!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I chose one, as much as I'd like to see more. Arroyo for sure. Ross should make it but probably won't. I don't think many people outside of Redsdom recognize what he's doing. Phillips, maybe deserving but probably won't make it for same reason as Ross. Griffey if he's voted in; we'll see. Harang certainly deserves consideration, but probably won't be chosen because he somehow does what he does without anyone noticing.

Turn Off Ads?