Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6-25 Minor league updates

6-25 Minor league updates

Cueto: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K. Cueto has now fired 9.2 consecutive scoreless innings.

Bruce doubled (26) in his first atbat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6-25 Minor league updates

Nine in a row retired by Cueto. Scoreless streak now stands at 10.2 innings.

3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K

Bruce doubles again, 3-0 Dayton after 3.

Cueto 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-25-2006 at 03:10 PM.

I was looking at scores on MILB.com and seen Dunedin beating Fort Myers 19-0 in the 7th inning.

Dunedin has a player that is 4 for 5 with a double, 2 homeruns and 10 RBIs.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...tmafa_dunafa_1

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Why do I smell "Star of the Day" going to Cory Patton?

Jay Bruce is 2-3 with 2 doubles for Dayton. Johnny Cueto is through 4 innings, has allowed 1 run on 2 hits in 4 innings while striking out 4.

Cueto is now through 5 innings. He has 6 strikeouts now. Dayton is still up 3-1.

If the National League stays mediocre and the Reds stay in it, you are probably seeing the last days of Cueto in the Reds system. His types are the breed that get moved during trading season. While the Reds would be hard pressed to move Bailey or Bruce(vast ceilings) or pitchers that serve the Reds needs(Sinkerballer Ward or plus plus change Wood), guys like Cueto,Lecure,Votto,Deno(or Kearns) and the hodge podge of throw ins represent the breed that have been moved lately(well, unless you are the Mets, and move Kazmir for VZ ) in July and Augest.

Cueto should rank higher than Wood and is only a step behind Bailey. It's not like Cueto is a soft tosser who is simply too advanced for the league. He has top of the rotation stuff according to reports I've heard. The Reds need to hang on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Cueto should rank higher than Wood and is only a step behind Bailey. It's not like Cueto is a soft tosser who is simply too advanced for the league. He has top of the rotation stuff according to reports I've heard. The Reds need to hang on to him.
    Wood's a lefty with a great change. Cueto is a short righty with a good fastball/control combo, but none of his stuff has been rated overly high. He is probably overvalued at this time and moveable. I would rate Wood over Cueto(Wood is also a year younger succeeding in low A).

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    Wood's a lefty with a great change. Cueto is a short righty with a good fastball/control combo, but none of his stuff has been rated overly high. He is probably overvalued at this time and moveable. I would rate Wood over Cueto(Wood is also a year younger succeeding in low A).
    I've heard radio announcers comment on his nasty changeup/slider combination and 95 mph fastball. He throws all three for strikes and continues to consistently pitch well. If anything Cueto is undervalued at this moment.

Cueto 6 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 K

I would hate to be in the MWL and catch a 3 game series of Wood, Ward and Cueto... How much would that suck?

I officially am now calling Wood, Cueto and Ward the WCW Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I've heard radio announcers comment on his nasty changeup/slider combination and 95 mph fastball. He throws all three for strikes and continues to consistently pitch well. If anything Cueto is undervalued at this moment.
    His fastball is more 92-93 than 95, on his good days he can get it to 95, like Homer Bailey can get it to 98 but Bailey works more comfortably around 93-95.

Cueto is also a flyball pitcher, which doesn't work well at homer prone GAB. Bailey likewise is a flyball pitcher, but his arm negates it.

He probably is undervalued, but on this board, he is overvalued.

Turn Off Ads?