Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the playoffs enough??

Re: Is the playoffs enough??

2nd place, wildcard or not, would make me very happy. Anything else would be gravy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I'm not trading Homer unless I get a very good starter, or a shut down close. I would be more willing to talk about Dunn and Lopez.
    I would only trade Homer for a legit starter with upside/youth. If you look at a lot of the better closers/relievers in recent memory, they have been failed starters. Gagne, Mariano, Gordon, Lidge and Nathan are some who come to mind. That's why Wayne should be looking for some mid 20s guys with live arms who might not be panning out in their current role. These guys wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get.

How about Scott Baker? How much do the Twins value him after he didn't pitch that well up in the big leagues this year? He might be a huge value as a reliever this year with an eye to the rotation next year.

No idea of who else, but that's why Wayne's in the FO and I'm stuck out here in NJ. But Coffey is just fine in the closer role right now. We just need some arms to get to him with a lead.

after you make the playoffs anything can happen, especially because the rotation and bullpen can both be shortened making a lack of pitching depth less likely to be exposed.

Me personally? If the Reds made the playoffs this year it would be absolutely huge. That in itself would create a buzz for Reds fans that laid dormant for a long time, peaked interest means more fans, more fans mean more revenue, and more revenue means higher payroll, which with Krivsky pulling the triggers IMO is a very very good thing. A playoff appearance this year would begin a domino effect that would pay off in spades for a long time coming.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Yes playoffs are ENOUGH..

My goal has never been playoffs this season. I just wanna see us avg 15 wins a month, which very well could put us in the playoffs with 90 wins.....however i set 15 wins a month as a goal so that we are sure to be on pace to finish ABOVE .500 which is my primary goal for the season.
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    after you make the playoffs anything can happen, especially because the rotation and bullpen can both be shortened making a lack of pitching depth less likely to be exposed.
    Rotation yes, BP not a guarantee. You would have to assume that Arroyo, Harang, and Milton/Ramirez get into the 8th every night.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Rotation yes, BP not a guarantee. You would have to assume that Arroyo, Harang, and Milton/Ramirez get into the 8th every night.
    not saying the current BP is adequate just that the pitchers that pitch are more likely to go deep into the game than the 5th starter who will not pitch.

Getting back Belisle(and using him in a differnet role), bringing up Shack and trading for a BP pitcher would bolster the current pen

"So Fla Red"

This year with no expectations and no playoff appearance since 1995 -- heck yes.

If its good enough for the one and only FCB it's certainly good enough for me

Turn Off Ads?