Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should Edwin Bat Clean-up?

Should Edwin Bat Clean-up?

So with Edwin going on rehab, it means he will probably be back this weekend. I know it probably seems as if I am Edwin obsessed, but the guy means alot to out offense. Lets check out our numbers since he went on the DL (Saturday June 10th before the Cubs game).

Runs scored by game-

15 games, 49 runs
    3.2 RPG
    Our record in that strech is 5-10

Now we all know the Reds haven't had a consistent 4 hitter all year. We have tried Dunn, Kearns, Edwin, and we as we all know, Rich.

Now lets break down that 4 some's numbers.

Out of the group Edwin has the best BA, tied for the best OBP, and is second in slugging behind Dunn.

Now ovbiously the AB's aren't even, but I'm gonna break it down.

AB per HR:
    Kearns- 21.1
    Dunn- 10.9
    Edwin-30.8
    Rich-19.4

AB per RBI:
    Kearns- 6.3
    Dunn- 5.8
    Edwin- 5.1
    Rich-6.0

Now ovbiously Edwin's HR totals are on the low side, but does that really matter since he drives in so many runs as it is?

AB per Double:
    Kearns-15.2
    Dunn-21.8
    Edwin- 9.7
    Rich-14.5

Edwin is the only of the group with a triple, so here is the Extra Base Hits stats.

AB per XBH
    Kearns- 8.8
    Dunn- 7.2
    Edwin- 7.1
    RA- 8.3

After compaling all those stats, it is clear that the only 2 logical choices are Dunn or Edwin. They are 1/2 in most every major stastical category. So then my question is what is the job of a "Clean-up hitter" to clean up the runners off the bases.

Lets look at Dunn and Edwin's numbers with men on base.

Dunn- .181/.358/.834
    Edwin- .339/.449/1.023

So after compaling all the stats, it seems pretty clear to me, that Edwin belongs in the clean up spot. Who knows with Narron though.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by reds44; 06-26-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should Edwin Bat Clean-up?

EE is the best choice.

But he's too young for it
    Go Gators!

Dunn 3, EE 4 and Jr 5. I'm down.

WAGS

EdE would be a good 3 hitter to back up freel/lopez/phillips, but you still gotta have dunn fourth

Turn Off Ads?