Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Main Characters to Die in Final Harry Potter Book!!!

2 Main Characters to Die in Final Harry Potter Book!!!

Let the speculation begin.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/0....lhc6qc94.html

Harry Potter may perish in the final installment of the boy wizard series in which two main characters die, author J.K. Rowling hinted in a television interview.

Speaking on Monday evening, Joanne Kathleen Rowling, 40, said she was well on the way to finishing the eagerly-awaited seventh Potter book.

"I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end," she told a chat show on Channel 4 television.

"The final chapter is hidden away although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die," Rowling said.

"A price has to be paid, we are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras, do they? They go for the main characters -- well, I do."

Asked whether one of the casualties would be Potter himself, Rowling said she had never been tempted to kill off the magician before the finale.

At the same time, she added: "I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, 'Well I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author written sequels. So it will end with me and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."

The author said she did not want to commit herself either way on Potter's fate, telling interviewers Richard Madeley and Judy Finnegan: "I don't want the hate mail, apart from anything else."

Speaking of her life as a famous writer, Rowling admitted to having been in denial during the unprecedented success of her first three books on the adventures of Potter and his friends at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"That's where my reputation for being po-faced comes from. I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights," she said.

Rowling, who shot to fame from humble roots, also revealed that she still writes in cafes and based the character of Potter's good friend Hermione on a combination of herself and her sister when they were young.

As for the future after Potter, Rowling said: "I don't think I'm ever going to have anything like Harry again. You just get one like Harry."

The first six books in the series have sold more than 300 million copies worldwide and been translated into 63 languages.

The first four have also been made into blockbuster movies.

The seventh novel is reportedly due to be published next year at the earliest.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: 2 Main Characters to Die in Final Harry Potter Book!!!

Hermoine from gonorrhea?
    Stick to your guns.

I hear Harry's going to go out David Ruffin style.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I was hoping for a Heaven's Gate-inspired mass-suicide finale.

Can't have em all die I guess, would be a bummer of a movie
    Go Gators!

kill them all.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Hulk is gonna kill them
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Dumbledore dies on page 596.

I just saved you four hours and 30 bucks.

Oops, sorry. Wrong Harry Potter book.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

If they wanna go for the all-out depressing ending, they should take away Harry Potter's powers and have the book end with him as an adult, working in some corporate office as some totally unremarkable mailroom clerk.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    kill them all.
    Harry Potter as Greek Tragedy?

Voldemort tricks Harry into sleeping with Hermione. They find out that they are really brother and sister. Hermione kills herself and Harry puts out his eyes. Voldemort takes over Hogwarts. Mrs. Weasley dips Ron into the Thames to make him invincible, holding him by his ankle. Ron then assembles the 7 most powerful wizards to take on Voldemort at Hogwarts. During the Battle of Hogwarts, Draco Malfoy kills Neville, who had taken a polyjuice potion to look like Ron. Ron takes revenge by killing Malfoy and dragging his body around Hogwarts from his chari...er...I mean broom. In his rage, Ron forgets to protect himself and gets hit in the ankle by Voldemort with a cruciatus curse, allowing a dementor to come in and suck his soul out. The Weasley twins then design a Trojan Snake to deliver to Voldemort at Hogwarts, stashing Blind Harry inside its belly. When Voldemort finds the good wizards gone and the Trojan Snake it its place, he declares victory and brings the Snake inside the gates of Hogwarts. Wormtail tries to warn them about the trap, but Voldemort tired of him and eats him. After a big party, everyone passes out. Blind Harry jumps out, and tries to kill Voldemort with a potion made from his own blood, making it lethal to both him and Voldemort. He almosts succeeds when Snape steps in front of him, tells Blind Harry that he is Harry's real father. He then tries to get Harry to come over to the Slytherin Side of the Force, but Harry refuses. Voldemort uses the cruciatus curse to torture Harry, when Snape turns on Voldemort. Voldemort kills Snape and right when his back is turned, Blind Harry pours the potion on himself, leaps at Voldemort and grips him in a bear hug. The potion causes them both to ignite into a ball of flame, burning them to ashes. As their souls escape, Dementor try to suck them up, but Lupin arrives in time to save Harry's soul with a Patronus. Afterwards, there is a victory feast at Hogwarts, where Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius Black, Dumbledore, and the newly reformed Snape appear as ghosts and Hagrid leads a bunch of Ewoks in playing a victory tune. The End.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    If they wanna go for the all-out depressing ending, they should take away Harry Potter's powers and have the book end with him as an adult, working in some corporate office as some totally unremarkable mailroom clerk.
    these are fantastical books, not reality
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Hermoine from gonorrhea?
    That's just mean, Chili.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

If I handn't gotten promoted from my unremarkable mailroom clerk position last week, I'd really be feeling bad right now.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

In all seriousness, for anyone who has read the books (me = dork), it's almost painfully obvious that Harry sacraficing himself is the last step to killing Voldemort.

The scar on his forehead is the last piece of the puzzle that's keeping Voldemort alive, and the only way to truly kill him is to kill himself.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

In all seriousness, for anyone who has read the books (me = dork), it's almost painfully obvious that Harry sacraficing himself is the last step to killing Voldemort.

The scar on his forehead is the last piece of the puzzle that's keeping Voldemort alive, and the only way to truly kill him is to kill himself.
    They're great books. You're not a dork.

I have a theory that Harry himself may be a Horcrux (now THAT is a dorky statement).
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?