Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayans brothers rip off Bugs Bunny

Wayans brothers rip off Bugs Bunny

Not that I expect much from the guys who brought the world "White Chicks," but the new Wayans brothers movie is a direct lift from a 1954 Bugs Bunny cartoon called "Baby Buggy Bunny" in which a tiny criminal called Baby-Faced Finster plants himself on Bugs' doorstep and hilarity ensues. They've even listed the classic scene where the tiny criminal is shaving with a stogie in his mouth and sporting a tattoo on his bicep.

I've got no intentions of watching the full movie, but the advertising trailer makes it clear that the movie is a thefted idea from that cartoon. Here's my question, how has such a clear ripoff made it to the point where it's about to be released?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wayans brothers rip off Bugs Bunny

Is it being produced by Warner Brothers?

Just wait tell you see what they do to "The Munsters". Now in production.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    Is it being produced by Warner Brothers?
    It's a Sony film.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    It's a Sony film.
    Aren't they all owned by the Illuminati?

Or was it the Morlocks?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Just wait tell you see what they do to "The Munsters". Now in production.
    The Wayans Brothers are doing the Munsters? :thumbdown
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    They've even listed the classic scene where the tiny criminal is shaving with a stogie in his mouth and sporting a tattoo on his bicep.
    Picked that out last night and mentioned it to the wife. Blatent.

I am sure others have noticed, but isn't Harry Potter just a kiddie version of Star Wars?

... kid grows up in crappy place with relatives
    ... finds out he has special powers
    ... fights evil
    blah blah blah

Then there was the 2005 Johnny Knoxville vehicle, The Ringer, which was surprisingly similar to the 2004 South Park episode in which Cartman participated in the Special Olympics.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Disney had few original ideas...

I'm guessing that the copyright must have expired on that episode, or they received permission from the copyright holder. If the copyright expires, I think it becomes public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Disney had few original ideas...

I'm guessing that the copyright must have expired on that episode, or they received permission from the copyright holder. If the copyright expires, I think it becomes public domain.
    I wonder if the copyright for the Uncle Pecos episode of Tom and Jerry has expired.

O-ooo-ooohhh...froggy wenta courtin' he did right....C-c-c-c-crambo...

I could watch that forever...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Zoinks!

[QUOTE=gonelong]Picked that out last night and mentioned it to the wife. Blatent.

That's funny, I did the same thing last night. She wasn't as appalled as I was though.

I don't know if it was derived from the cartoon, but the movie clearly has the potential to be the worst of all time.

One Man Army

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    I am sure others have noticed, but isn't Harry Potter just a kiddie version of Star Wars?

... kid grows up in crappy place with relatives
    ... finds out he has special powers
    ... fights evil
    blah blah blah
    Eh, there are structures to those kinds of stories that pop up in pretty much every culture. People like Albert Lord and Joseph Campbell (who helped Lucas out with the original Star Wars trilogy) have pointed out the various structures that tend to pop up in epic stories, with things like the descent into an underworld, the young naive hero meeting a wise old man who serves as a guide, and so on.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    I don't know if it was derived from the cartoon, but the movie clearly has the potential to be the worst of all time.
    Don't know if derived is the right word.....ripped off, maybe. As far the the worst of all time....they still have the ability to make yet another movie after this one so we will have to wait and see. Sad thing is, there will probably be a line as some theaters to see this thing.

It's been said that there are only seven stories, and all others are versions of these:

#1 - Cinderella - Unrecognised virtue at last recognised. It's the same story as the Tortoise and the Hare. Cinderella doesn't have to be a girl, nor does it even have to be a love story. What is essential is that the good is despised, but is recognised in the end, something that we all want to believe.

#2 - Achilles - The Fatal Flaw, that is the groundwork for practically all classical tragedy, although it can be made comedy too, as in the old standard Aldwych farce. Lennox Robinson's The Whiteheaded Boy is the Fatal Flaw In reverse.

#3 - Faust- The Debt that Must be Paid, the fate that catches up with all of us sooner or later. This is found in all its purity as the chase in O'Neill's The Emperor Jones. And in a completely different mood, what else is the Cherry Orchard?

#4 - Tristan - that standard triangular plot of two women and one man, or two men and one woman. The Constant Nymph, or almost any French farce.

#5 - Circe - The Spider and the Fly. Othello. The Barretts of Wimpole Street, if you want to change the sex. And if you don't believe me about Othello (the real plot of which is not the triangle and only incidentally jealousy) try casting it with a good Desdemona but a poor Iago.

#6 - Romeo and Juliet - Boy meets Girl, Boy loses Girl, Boy either finds or does not find Girl: it doesn't matter which.

#7 - Orpheus - The Gift taken Away. This may take two forms: either the tragedy of the loss itself, as in Juno and the Paycock, or it may be about the search that follows the loss, as in Jason and the Golden Fleece.

http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~blf10/stories.html
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?