Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anybody watch the Yankees / Braves game on 6/26/06?

Anybody watch the Yankees / Braves game on 6/26/06?

Yesterday's game. Randy Johnson / Tim Hudson started. Did anybody watch it, or watch the last 3-4 innings?

Just curious because they showed a graphic during the game that I can't make sense of. I have sent an email to the YES! network for clarification, but have yet to get a response. I'm sure the graphic was some messed up, special thing they created to laud Derek Jeter on his birthday, but I thought they said that it was a list of players who had appeared in the most winning games, career. That's fine, but the list was:

1. Johnny Bench, 1024
    2. ????, 958 (or close to that)
    3. Derek Jeter 954 (or close to that)

If this is a list of players who have played in the most winning games, then Pete Rose ought to top the list at 1972 wins (thanks RedsBaron ) I can't recall what they said this graphic was showing. I was surprised that Johnny Bench led the list, but now it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what the graphic was supposed to represent. Anyone have any idea? If I hear back from the YES! network, I'll post their response here. Until then, anyone that can provide help with this, it would be appreciated.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anybody watch the Yankees / Braves game on 6/26/06?

Maybe it was most winning games with one team?

Perhaps winning games for the same team post 1960s???

Strictly a guess.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    Maybe it was most winning games with one team?
    That's what I thought at first as well, but after learning that Pete Rose was tops on the list all time with 1972 games won, I would have a hard time believing he had 1020+ wins with the Expos, and Phils, which would put him below Jeter's 954. They only showed the top 3 on this graphic.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

vaticanplum, did you watch the game? I know you're a "closet" Yanks fan...

Any other New Yorkers out there that watched the game and saw this graphic?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    There is nothing closet about it! :

I don't get to watch the games on TV...but since it was his birthday, my guess is maybe wins by that age? Pete played awfully late, he could have racked up those wins in his 30s and 40s.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader

Any other New Yorkers out there that watched the game and saw this graphic?
    Maybe I can get it from the MLB.TV archives. What inning was it? That'll make it easier to find.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    Maybe I can get it from the MLB.TV archives. What inning was it? That'll make it easier to find.
    It was the later innings, I'd say probably the 7th or 8th innings when the Braves were hitting. I know they put it up when Jeter was in the field.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    There is nothing closet about it! :

I don't get to watch the games on TV...but since it was his birthday, my guess is maybe wins by that age? Pete played awfully late, he could have racked up those wins in his 30s and 40s.
    Yes, I'm quoting myself -- I'm trying to find a way to check on this, does anybody know? Can't find wins/losses per year per player on baseball-reference.com. I think this may be it. I forgot that Bench was only 20 when he was brought up to the majors, and he was playing for a winning team all the way to age 32. Derek Jeter was 21 or 22 when he came up; same thing, and 954 makes sense for the Yankees' last ten years. So I think it's winning games played in by age 32. Who figures out this stuff? Anyway, now I'm curious to know who #2 is.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I can't find anything similar anywhere, but I bet you're right vatican in that it is probably most winning games played in through age 32.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yesterday was Jeter's 32nd birthday so it makes sense.

RL,

I just finished watching the game and I didn't see anything like what your talking about. Of course it was one of MLB.TV's generic broadcasts where they don't show the on screen graphics or even the scoreboard at the top of the screen.

In the first inning, they mentioned that since the expansion era, 1961 to present, only one player has more hits before turning thirty-two than Derek Jeter. That player is Robin Yount. Apparently they put up a graphic, because Jim Kaat mentioned something about the other six players on the list but didn't mention any names. I couldn't see the graphic though, so I don't know who the other players were.

Sorry I couldn't help.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Turn Off Ads?