Full Name: Gary Varner, Jr. (not sure of a middle name)
Birthplace: Cynthiana, KY
Resides: Cynthiana, KY
Obtained: 10th Round - 2000 Draft
Personal: Graduated from Harrison County High School; Went to St. Catharine College (KY)
Uniform #: 16 (Chattanooga Lookouts) - usually wears #15
Throws: R
Bats: R
Height: 6'
Weight: 180
DOB: 12-07-80

Up-to-date stats:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...pbp&pid=448300

Interesting facts:

Noochie’s nickname is taken from his father, who is called “Nooch”. Noochie shares a birthday with Johnny Bench. His DOB is also a day before John Lennon was murdered.

Personal observations: [lifted from a previous RedsZone post] Unfortunately, for Noochie he's been jerked from one organization to another-he was everybody's favorite PTBNL. So being 25 years old and still in AA ball is very misleading. He was playing for the AAA Tuscon Sidewinders (D'Backs) 2 years ago hitting over .300 but was sent back down to El Paso (AA at the time) for a variety of reasons. I saw him last year playing for the Smokies (AA D'Backs)-one game. I was staying in Pidgeon Forge and it was the Labor Day weekend. Definately disappointed that he was there - but he looked fine and had 1 hit in the game, IIRC. I tried to find out about him in ST this year and feared that he retired. Was very happy that the Reds took him back (and that the D'Backs released him). A lot of water is under the bridge and there are others, both on the Lookouts and the Bats, that are ahead of him because he is really starting over with the Reds-but not in the Southern League where he has played for other teams. He reminds me of a Brady Clark/Chris Denorfia/Ryan Freel type of player. Dare I say "scrappy" ballplayer? He does K a lot - but his real ability, IMHO, is RISP - that was what I thought would get him a cup of coffee when he was in AAA.

I have some articles and pictures of Noochie and other former Dragons that I will post along with the profiles.