Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merged: reds up to old tricks / Time to take a banner / Reds beat by "easy teams"

wildcat66

Merged: reds up to old tricks / Time to take a banner / Reds beat by "easy teams"

Well here we go again. Losing to KC as I write. The playoff teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat! Dont expect to see us in the playoffs! Sorry negative but the Cubs, KC, come on. OH that all games were on the road! Seems like everybody beats the Cubs except the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: reds up to old tricks

Braves also beat the Yankees tonight and the Marlins have been playing well.

I know it's Kansas City, but, it's still Major League Baseball (barely). It's one game. They lose 2 of 3 or get swept... then we have a problem.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Time to take a banner to the game "Dear Reds, Pretend your ON THE ROAD!"

Geesh.. this team should be embarressed.. and they better have a players meeting and I hope Krivsky gets the bullpen fixed or we are not going to a playoff game.. its ridiculos!

Re: Time to take a banner to the game "Dear Reds, Pretend your ON THE ROAD!"

There best pen guy blew it. I'd be more upset if it was anyone else.

They took too long to get Milton out. When he losses it well.........

Just one game folks...

The Royals are hot right now...

And it doesn't look like it's going to do any damage in the standings.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

This first game versus the Royals was a game simply frittered away. Forget for a moment Milton's mediocre effort or even the free run the Royals got off of the 2 inning opening walks by Standridge. They were ultimately beaten by a total lack of concentration and thinking all around in the top of the 9th. Why were they even pitching to Stairs with 2 outs and first base open? After Coffey served up a fat one to Brown that the Reds were lucky stayed in the yard; you'd think somebody would have had something to say to him before Stairs hit. If the coaching staff doesn't respect the opponents enough to give it their best effort, how can you expect the players to do so?

I can handle losses when we flat out get outplayed and are just overmatched on that night.

I hate starting pitchers giving up 4 run leads and closers getting 2 quick outs and then blowing it in the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1
    They took too long to get Milton out. When he losses it well.........
    It happens so fast.
    Go Gators!

Coffey was just trying to fit in with the rest of the pen
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It happens so fast.
    Exactly...when he loses it, he ignited dynamite on the mound and it blows up in a hurry.

By the way, what do people think it would take to get Bob Wickman via trade? I'm worried the Indians won't want to deal with the Reds after the Brandon Phillips fleecing. But, I watched Wickman cruise through Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds in the bottom of the 9th in St. Louis. That was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    Geesh.. this team should be embarressed.. and they better have a players meeting and I hope Krivsky gets the bullpen fixed or we are not going to a playoff game.. its ridiculos!
    I think that a bit unfair. The "team" played well tonight and has nothing to be embarassed about.

Chalk this one up to pitching (yes, it's part of the team, but not THE team)... not just the BP, but the starter as well.

Why on earth JN left Milton in long enough to get all those runs blows my mind. I must admit I was surprised that Coffey gave up the dinger, but hey, it happens... even to guys with an ERA under 3.

I hope Milton didn't hurt his knee again when running the bases, as was alluded to on TV.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Even the worst teams win a third of their games. It happens.

saboforthird

Contenders win games they should, more often than not.

Oh please, you'd think they just lost the final game in the World Series!

Milton had a bad night; so did Coffey. It happens... and thankfully it hasn't happened nearly as often as we all thought it would.

Be happy that the offense/defense was pretty darned good tonight!

I will add (as I have on two additional threads), that the TV broadcast mentioned he may have hurt his knee when running the bases. I didn't see it, but it could be an explanation of why Milton went down hill so fast.... no excuse for JN leaving him in there as long as he did though.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?