Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Freel

Ryan Freel

This was discussed I'm sure in another thread, but how in the world can he not be in the lineup tonight? I know offense wasn't the problem, but Ryan Freel has been by far the Reds' hottest hitter the past week. How do you sit down the hottest hitter on the team? They had an off day yesterday. They didn't need the rest. And, another thing, it's hard for me to fathom a lineup that has Rich Aurilia in the cleanup spot and Adam Dunn in the 2nd spot. Not sure about that one....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Freel

It worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    It worked.
    Did it? They lost. Irregardless, does anyone have a good explanation for sitting the hottest hitter on the team? I'm just frustrated because a good team doesn't lose a game like that to a 10-30 road team.

Quote Originally Posted by EKURed
    Did it? They lost. Irregardless, does anyone have a good explanation for sitting the hottest hitter on the team? I'm just frustrated because a good team doesn't lose a game like that to a 10-30 road team.
    They score 8 runs.

It worked.

The White Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Royals earlier in the year? Are they not a good team?
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    They score 8 runs.

It worked.

The White Sox lost 2 of 3 to the Royals earlier in the year? Are they not a good team?
    I'm sorry, but to compare the White Sox and the Reds is quite a stretch. Did the White Sox blow a 5-1 lead at home to the Royals? Even still, the situations are much different. The White Sox are a proven commodity. What exactly have the Reds proven? It's game like tonight that they need to win to get over the hump.

After his slump in May while playing everyday I don't expect Narron to play him everyday again.
    Go Gators!

I'm going to say that Dunner will be back in the 2 hole again tomorrow.... Narron is probably going to stick him there to see if anything happens....

He isn't your every day 2 hole hitter... But if he gets on base, one way or another... and keeps his K's down to 2 or fewer a game... We are soild...

We scored 8 runs tonight.. Just happened we gave up 9.... Milton is better then that (maybe) But... I believe its all from the double he had in the bottom of the 2nd inning... Once again.. His knee was bothering him... Even thou I didn't pay much attention to the gun because I left the house when it was 5-1 Reds.

Freel on the other hand? I can see him getting a few starts in Right to give old Austin a couple days off to clear his mind....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    After his slump in May while playing everyday I don't expect Narron to play him everyday again.
    Oh I understand that and I agree with you and Narron if that is what he wants to do, but he is on fire right now and they did have an off day. Oh well...that isn't what lost the game. It was Milton and the bullpen bringing their gas cans and blow torches to the mound and blowing the place up after being handed a 5-1 lead. So disheartening....

Anyways,

Who else are you going to stick in the 4 hole? With any confedence untill Edwin gets back?

JR is a given in the 3 spot, and he is staying there.. (even thou I believe he should be 4th)

So.... Here is what we have...

Kearns, who is struggling as of late.
    Phillips, who just keeps doign what he is doing....
    Hatteberg, who is a OB type of guy
    Ross, who is slowing down from his hott start
    Dunn, who has been... Cold?

I believe Aurrila is the only logical choice untill Edwin gets back.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Phillips.

Why not? he's hit in every spot he's been in.
    Go Gators!

I'm sorry, but to compare the White Sox and the Reds is quite a stretch. Did the White Sox blow a 5-1 lead at home to the Royals? Even still, the situations are much different. The White Sox are a proven commodity. What exactly have the Reds proven? It's game like tonight that they need to win to get over the hump.
    Actually they blew a 6-0 lead on the road to the Royals.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA....jsp&team=away

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Phillips.

Why not? he's hit in every spot he's been in.
    I'd put BP 3rd and Griffey 4th.

Edwin will be back in a couple of days. How much you want to bet that he doesn't hit 4th?

Richie has to bat 4th obviously. If Edwin sits when he comes back...I will be furious. Rich has to be the odd man out. Hatte is playing too good to sit, Freel can take turns in the OF to give certain guys days off.

I'm sorry, but to compare the White Sox and the Reds is quite a stretch.
    I didn't read that as a comparison of the talents of the WS vs those of the Reds... I read it that one of the top teams can also lose to the Royals. Any team can win on any given day... plus, the Royals are on a hot streak right now.

The offense/defense did a helluva good job tonight. If the pitching hadn't broken down (which it hasn't too often), the socre would have been different.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Richie has to bat 4th obviously. If Edwin sits when he comes back...I will be furious. Rich has to be the odd man out. Hatte is playing too good to sit, Freel can take turns in the OF to give certain guys days off.
    Oh come on. There's no way EE sits, he's averaging an RBI in almost 70% of games played. Narron has his "quirks" but I don't think he's that nuts.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

[QUOTE=reds44]Actually they blew a 6-0 lead on the road to the Royals.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASA....jsp&team=away

I stand corrected. Good research.

Turn Off Ads?