SP D. Haren
    SP S. Olsen
    RP J. Papelbon
    RP B. Ryan
    P T. Gordon
    P B. Myers (NA)
    BN Jer. Weaver (NA)
    DL R. Harden

A guy in my league just sent me an email saying that Pedro Martinez and Roy Halladay are available for trade. He's looking for offense in return. With Myers recent troubles and his shutting it down through the All-Star game, I'm worried that my pitching is thin. I'm not sure when Harden will be back. Last I heard it was supposed to be shortly after the AS Break, but haven't heard a word since then, so I don't know. I just recently picked up Scott Olsen. If you could make a trade to get Pedro Martinez or Roy Halladay, who would you give up? Hafner will be 1B eligible after one more start at 1B. When that happens, I won't be as tied to Youkilis as I am now. I will have 2 UTIL spots left for 3 players (Granderson, Youkilis, and Gomes).

There are some good players now on my waiver wire at various positions:

C- Napoli, Russ Martin, Javy Lopez, Michael Barrett

1B- Dan Johnson, Chad Tracy, Ben Broussard, Pedro Feliz.

2B - Cantu, Loretta, Vidro, Cano, Jose Lopez, and Kinsler available.

SS - J. Lugo, Hanley Ramirez, Jhonny Peralta, Carlos Guillen, Bobby Crosby, Ian Kinsler and Freddy Sanchez.

3B - Eric Chavez was just recently waived (and still on waivers), Chad Tracy, Melvin Mora, Jorge Cantu, Casey Blake, Pedro Feliz, Ty Wiggington, and Bradon Inge are available.

OF- Chad Tracy, Kevin Mench, Coco Crisp, Randy Winn, Aaron Rowand, Jim Edmunds, Barry Bonds, Rocco Baldelli, Jason Kubel available.

Is there someone that sticks out on my team as a "sell high candidate" that I could replace with someone I've listed on the wire to get Pedro or Halladay?

I thought about trading Jeter for one of them, and he'd do Jeter for one of those two pitchers straight up, I'm sure (he loves Jeter). I like a lot of the SS's available. Also thought about moving Victor Martinez and picking up Russ Martin or Napoli but I don't know if he'd move Pedro or Halladay straight up for Martinez. Rolen is another player I could probably move (and pick up Chavez). Although Chavez is injured, he's always a rediculously good 2nd half player.

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to give you all of the information possible to make a decision. I'm fine with someone saying "your offense is good, and I think your pitching is fine, don't make a move," although I don't think that's the case when talking about possibly getting Pedro or Halladay.
    Thanks for any and all help/advice.

Oh, by the way, here's his team:

C J. Willingham
    1B R. Howard
    2B R. Freel
    3B J. Crede
    SS N. Garciaparra
    OF Á. Ríos
    OF J. Dye
    OF A. Kearns
    Util J. Morneau
    Util R. Ibañez
    BN D. Uggla

Pitching

SP J. Verlander
    SP K. Rogers
    SP R. Halladay
    SP J. Blanton
    RP Fr. Rodríguez
    RP H. Street
    P E. Santana
    P P. Martínez
    BN J. Borowski
    DL B. Backe

I'm currently in 2nd place, 11 games back. He is currently in 4th place, 34 games back. Thanks again (and sorry this is so long)
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help me here!

It looks like you could just trade Jeter for Martinez. Then maybe pick up sanchez off waivers. He is eligible for several positions.

Well, don't tell this guy that but he could greatly improve his offense just off the waiver wire. How many teams are in this league? That is a ton of good players on the waiver wire.

Cantu, Chavez, Tracy, Lopez, Barrett, Ramirez.

Your offense could afford to lose Jeter. Then pick up Ramirez or Peralta. The tough decision will be which of Martinez and Halladay do you think will be better the rest of the season? I think I'd take Halladay.
    Matta = Really good

This owner is the guy that has made 106 transactions / roster moves so far this year. He made 312 last year in a full year. He basically drops whoever he wants and picks up a new player every week if a player is struggling. He won't drop Pedro or Halladay, though.

I already told him I'd offer him Jeter for one of his pitchers. He claims that he's already got a deal for Halladay and that he's getting Alfonso Soriano in return for him. For Pedro, he said that he's getting Manny + another player. I seriously doubt any of that. I just don't think he wants to deal with me because I'm higher than him in the standings.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Did you end up picking up any players off waivers? What pitchers are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    Did you end up picking up any players off waivers? What pitchers are available?
    All players that I have listed above on my roster is what I still have on my roster, ie. I haven't made any moves since the first post in this thread. Do you suggest I pick up a offensive player and drop someone currently on my roster?

Best pitchers available:

Anthony Reyes, Jake Westbrook, Matt Cain, Tim Wakefield, Gil Meche, and Greg Maddux.

Not too many good SP's available. Everyone gobbles them up quick when they are pitching well. I'm actually surprised Reyes and Meche are out there. I dropped Cain to pick up Olsen last week.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I would pick up Gil Meche and drop Myers. Gil Meche is scheduled to pitch on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    I would pick up Gil Meche and drop Myers. Gil Meche is scheduled to pitch on Thursday.
    You would drop Myers? Latest I've heard from any media outlet is that Myers would rejoin the rotation for his first start after the break (2 weeks away). There was a post on RZ where a guy said his buddy told him that he'd be DL'd all season to deal with his issues, but nothing official yet. If that news comes down, I'll drop him, but as is now, with expectations that he will return to the rotation following the break, I don't think I can just drop him. He's a very good pitcher, and not really one that can be replaced by a waiver wire guy. I also think I like Reyes better than Meche at this point. Plays for a team with a better offense, etc...
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I was just looking at it if you were not sure about Myers that Meche was not a bad option and that he was starting tommorrow.

Turn Off Ads?