Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: File This One Under What the Heck Were They Thinking?

File This One Under What the Heck Were They Thinking?

Seriously who thought this would be a good article to write?

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...70316/-1/CINCI

All I could think of when I read this was when Jim Day asked BP who the worst dresser on the team was. He said something of the extent to Felipe, he likes to wear that tight stuff. That's not my style.
    Last edited by reds44; 06-28-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: File This One Under What the Heck Were They Thinking?

The kicker...next week Dave Ross!!!!!!!!!

FeLo = Mike Greenberg from ESPN Radio.

Thank goodness Danny Graves isn't on this team.

When's Jason LaRue next on the hit parade???
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

While style is far from my thing, it is a neat idea I guess to do this series.

Gives you more chances to get to know the players off the field.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

If Felipe didn't have a wife, Ozzie Guillen might have some problems with Felipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Uh, I think this is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Here is why:

1. I have long suspected that FeLo is the most stylish Red off the field. He does not have man-jock tattoos; he has pseudo-artistic tattoos that clearly translate as something and thus are "deep" as far as athlete tattoos go. While they probably mean something like "soul peace music baby", they indicate a certain degree of thought on his part, which is impressive. He has also chosen to have them tattood in places where they are partially visible on the field, which indicates that they are important to him, not just a drunken tattoo decision.

This all indicates to me that FeLo gives a bit of thought to his dressing and appearance, which is a good indicator that he may have, against all odds in the sports world, developed an individual style, even if it's not to everyone's taste, which is one of the few things people can do that will actively make their lives better almost immediately.

2. FeLo lists green as his favorite color. Green is the male go-to color. There's not a man on the planet whose appearance isn't improved by wearing green. Bright green is best, but other greens will do. I've never met a woman who doesn't agree with this -- beyond that, I've yet to meet a woman who didn't come to this conclusion on her own. It's a rule of life, like eating food to survive, and yet few men seem to know about it. FeLo does. A+.

3. In that first picture, FeLo is wearing THREE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING THAT FIT HIM. The odds of this happening on one man, let alone an athlete, are so miniscule that I was beginning to think it was perhaps a fantastical possibility. I don't even care what the clothes look like. They fit him. If there is one rule of dressing beyond Green Always Looks Good, it is Always Wear Clothes That Fit You. And FeLo's photo should be evidence to you skeptics that doing this will not necessarily make you look like a girly man if that is a fear of yours.

4. In that first picture, FeLo looks good. Dang good.

5. Men, hopefully, will see that FeLo looks good.

6. Men will start to wear clothing that fits them.

7. Men will look better, make out more, play better baseball, be happier, and start fewer wars.

Thus:

By virtue of this article in the Cincinnati Enquirer, Felipe Lopez can save the world.

Now, we're not without our problems here. The second photo of FeLo features him in a rather ill-fitting jacket, but the colors are nice and it's all clearly to his taste (the most important thing of all), so he gets a pass. This also worries me:

"Whether it's the beach casual look of a Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirt, the movie-star cool of a Juicy T, or the all-American chic of a seersucker sports coat, their bring-it-home style is always a winner. Today, Life introduces the first of a periodic series that spotlights the fashion choices of some of your favorite Reds players."

I can only assume from the way this is worded that we will indeed see featured in this series a Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirt (something that should be reserved for Jimmy Buffett concerts) and a Juicy T (something that should be reserved for 14-year-old girls with hot pink cell phones). I will reserve judgment until I see who is wearing them, because who knows, it may suit the wearer and his style. But I've got to say it doesn't bode well, and while I appreciate using the potentially best-dressed Red to ease readers into this series, I wonder if it perhaps wouldn't have been better to save him for the finale, lest the lessons we have learned from FeLo be forgotten by the time we get to Adam Dunn and his Longhorn swimming trunks.

Still, applause all around. Wednesday is now officially my favorite day of the week for many weeks to come.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 06-28-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    If there is one rule of dressing beyond Green Always Looks Good, it is Always Wear Clothes That Fit You. .
    So, Narron, instead of looking for Players Who Do The Little Things or Players Who Play The Game The Right Way......we are now to Players Who Dress The Right Way.

I'm impressed.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    So, Narron, instead of looking for Players Who Do The Little Things or Players Who Play The Game The Right Way......we are now to Players Who Dress The Right Way.

I'm impressed.
    I'd rather see them win...but if they have to lose, they might as well look good doing it. Right? No need to put salt in the wound via ill-fitting trousers.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I'd rather see them win...but if they have to lose, they might as well look good doing it. Right? No need to put salt in the wound via ill-fitting trousers.
    a female perspective is always ... interesting.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Ruth Lyons would have loved this feature.

$1,700 for a jacket?

$500 (and there's no mention of shoes) for a hanging around outfit?

Even if I could, there's no way I ever would.

All dyslexics must untie!

The BRM teammates used to try to outdo each other and dress up. But when reviewing the old film clips of those wide lapels and sideburns...?

Oh, my
    Never overlook the obvious

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

2. FeLo lists green as his favorite color. Green is the male go-to color. There's not a man on the planet whose appearance isn't improved by wearing green. Bright green is best, but other greens will do. I've never met a woman who doesn't agree with this -- beyond that, I've yet to meet a woman who didn't come to this conclusion on her own. It's a rule of life, like eating food to survive, and yet few men seem to know about it. FeLo does. A+.

In Celtic myths the Green man was the God of Fertiltiy.

I have a Green Polo that my wife always comments on when I wear it. Its the only solid Green shirt that I own. I have identical Polos in a light blue and a Navy blue and she never says a word when I wear them.

I'll have to poll the neighbor ladies to see if they agree.

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 12-26-2006 at 04:20 PM.

Oh, Flippy, you're so fine. Can't wait for the Arroyo edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath

I'm impressed.
    Billy Beane is rolling over in his grave.

At least he would be if he was dead...
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?