Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Travis Wood Update (as of 6/28/06)

Travis Wood Update (as of 7/29/06)

[As of 6/28/06]

Travis happens to be my "adopted" prospect. I won't be posting a Prospect Profile on him (unless someone else really wants me to) because Travis was a reasonably high profile (and highly debated) prospect last year. The scouting reports and such have already been posted about him. I'll mostly be keeping everyone up to date on his stats in this thread and making a few comments about them.

Since Travis's Uncle and Mom occasionally read the board, I hope they feel welcome to post any of their thoughts or additional insights here anytime.

Code:
    Name         W  L  ERA   IP    H   BB  K
    Travis Wood  6  0  3.07  76.1  49  32  78
    It's been a good year so far for Travis. As a 19yr old pitching in Low A, Wood has been nearly dominant. I believe he still hasn't lost a game in his professional career and so far this year is striking out a little more than a batter per inning. Hopefully he will continue to excell in Dayton for the remainder of the year and improve upon his numbers.
    Last edited by halcyon; 07-29-2006 at 05:41 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Wood Update (as of 7/7/06)

[As of 7/7/06]

I apologize to Travis for jinxing him with my first post in this thread. In his next start - he picked up the L - he had his worst professional outing to date. Last night, however, he rebounded very well and threw 7 innings with 8ks and 2ER. His updated numbers follow:

Code:
    Travis Wood  6  1  3.72  84.2  63  34  87
    Last edited by halcyon; 07-07-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Re: Travis Wood Update (as of 6/28/06)

Re: Cincinnati Reds Minor-league Thread......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dayton, OH - The Dayton Dragons added LHP Daniel Donaldson to their active roster today. The 6'4", 180 pound lefthander hails from Houston, TX, and becomes the sixth player on the Dragons active roster from the Lone Star State (along with Manuel, Ondrusek, Griffin, Bruce, Szymanski). Donaldson was signed as a non-drafted free agent out of Texas State University, and was 0-0 with a 3.38 ERA in two games with the GCL Reds.

LHP Travis Wood has been placed on the temporarily inactive list by the Cincinnati Reds. Wood, a second round selection in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, has a 6-1 record with a 3.72 ERA and leads the team with 87 K's.

oursportscentral.com/serv...id=3340615

I just read this......... i have no idea why????????????????? So much for having the inside scoop...
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

Just a guess here, but it sounds like maybe he had a death in the family or some other such matter that came up. Otherwise I assume they would have put him on the disabled list. Hopefully they mean it when they say "temporarily"

Dayton, OH - The Cincinnati Reds have announced that INF Bobby Mosby has been placed on the disabled list of the Dayton Dragons retroactive to July 5th. Mosby is batting .244 with 7 HR and 27 RBI in 48 games for the Dragons this season.

LHP Travis Wood has been reinstated from the temporarily inactive list by the Cincinnati Reds. Wood, a second round selection in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, has a 6-1 record with a 3.72 ERA and leads the team with 87 K's.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Looks like just some roster shifting...
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

No death in the family. But, I think his mom almost had a heart attack wondering what was going on.

Hopefully the Reds put Wood on a stricter pitch count, he is already at 84 pitches and on target for about 140innings on the year. That is overly many, I would say just another 20-30 innings are due.

They only want Bailey to throw 140innings, 110 sound good for Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRELEFT
    No death in the family. But, I think his mom almost had a heart attack wondering what was going on.
    Tell Mom, son was alive and well, and in uniform tonight in the dugout...

Re: Travis Wood Update (as of 7/29/06)

[As of 7/29/06]

Code:
    Travis Wood  8  2  4.05  100  80  40  106
    Well, since I began my tracking thread, Travis has increased his ERA by a run and picked up his first two professional losses. Oops. On the bright side, despite his occasional recent struggles, Wood has maintained his K rate (which is still very nice). His whip is around 1.2 which isn't too bad either.

Looks like he's tough to hit but is struggling with control. The walks are hurting him, and while his HR rate (1 every 10 innings) isn't terrible, it's not great either.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?