Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sports Illustrated names the Reds...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sports Illustrated names the Reds...

...front office the best in baseball through the first half of the season.

Best front office
    Reds
    New general manager Wayne Krivsky quickly made his mark with two moves that have been central to his club's strong start: He traded outfielder Wily Mo Peña to Boston for righthander Bronson Arroyo (9-4, 2.58) in March, then dealt a lightly regarded prospect to Cleveland for second baseman Brandon Phillips (.314, seven homers, 43 RBIs) in April. Both players should be in Pittsburgh for the All-Star Game on July 11.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 06-28-2006 at 03:20 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Gary Redus Ruled

Re: Sports Illustrated names the Reds...

Hes done a great job. If only he'd fix the bullpen he'd be batting 1000 as it is he's hitting a robust 750 in my book

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    Hes done a great job. If only he'd fix the bullpen he'd be batting 1000 as it is he's hitting a robust 750 in my book
    2 for 3 is actually 666

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I'd give him credit for David Ross, too, to bring it up to .750

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar
    2 for 3 is actually 666
    That may explain some things

I gotta disagree, I wouldn't put the BP as a major failing as they have done things that they could to improve. Its not as if there are spare BP arms just sitting out there. You go asking for a Haren or Mota and they're probably going to ask you for a Dunn or Arroyo in return.

They have DFA'd White, Williams and Womack who weren't really contributing to the team. Have managed to put out a fairly balanced offensive team.

I take this as bad news. SI had the Reds ranked 28th in the majors before the season began. I think they just jinxed Krivsky.

Turn Off Ads?