Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Myers whattya think?

Gary Redus Ruled

Brett Myers whattya think?

Ok this guy got arrested in front of Fenway when he hit his wife in the face. Philadelphia fans (the ones who once booed Santa) are not likely to be to forgiving when he has a rough outing. His wife bailed him out and hes on leave from the team till after the All Star game....my question is if the Phils called you got to consider him..hes pitching well and is young. Change of scenery and work on his problem he'd be a good pickup. Id send them kearns in a minute. Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brett Myers whattya think?

If the price is Kearns, I'd do it. If it's more than that, I'd pass. We can't give up Bailey, Wood, or Bruce + a major league player for him. I have a feeling his price tag would be pretty high with all of the contenders that could use a good SP that can throw 200 IP.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

kearns for brett myers, I would say done before he could even say -ers. That would be right up there with the Arroyo deal, IMO. Hopefully he can get his off the field issues straightened out, though, because he has ALWAYS been a head case.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana
    That would be right up there with the Arroyo deal, IMO. Hopefully he can get his off the field issues straightened out, though, because he has ALWAYS been a head case.
    That is true, he has always been a head case, and his ego is matched by very few, which I really don't mind, especially with a SP. I think with Kearns' price tag going up here shortly and the Reds need for a good, 200 IP starter who can strike some people out, the upside to that deal is just too good to pass up. I bet the Phils would have interest in that deal, especially if they are able to move Bobby Abreu.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I would stay away from anyone who would hit a woman and drag her by the hair, especially a 6'4' man weighing 240 pounds. I would have taken Scott Sauerbeck even though he was intoxicated and with a woman besides his wife, but I wouldn't want this guy on my team.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Talk in Philly is a DL stint for rest of the season so he can get counseling according to a guy I know up there.

Just was IM'ing him about it as I read this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    Talk in Philly is a DL stint for rest of the season so he can get counseling according to a guy I know up there.

For the rest of the season? Damn. I keep managing and managing my fantasy team, making it better and better, and I've had the worst luck with my SP's this year. Harden, Patterson, and now Myers. My 3 top SP's. When will my luck turn around?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    For the rest of the season? Damn. I keep managing and managing my fantasy team, making it better and better, and I've had the worst luck with my SP's this year. Harden, Patterson, and now Myers. My 3 top SP's. When will my luck turn around?
    Cheer up, you could be a Phillies fan.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Brett Myers
    Chase Utley

for

Felipe Lopez
    Austin Kearns
    prospect

Hmm... I really doubt they would do that though.

Mike Shannon, during a rain delay, once told a story about a Cardinal pitcher who found out his brother-in-law had hit his sister. The Cardinal got on a plane, flew home, found his b-i-l, punched him in the nose, and then flew back to rejoin the team.

Brett Myers, What do ya think? I think MLB should let the girl's father decide Myers' punishment.
    Last edited by Spitball; 06-28-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Gary Redus Ruled

DL'd for the year .to get counseling? I cant see that. I'll be the first to say dont put your hands on a woman but I cant see him missing the rest of the year to be in counseling

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75

Dunno what ya heard, but so far he's just out until after the ASB. There is talk of treating him like Jason Michaels, aka trade him once he gets in trouble with the law.

Myers was all over the local rags and news today being apologetic and saying he embarrassed the Phillies as well as his family and felt that he could get things back on track by after the All Star Break.

I can forgive a lot of pecadilloes; hitting a wife isn't one of them. I don't want him near the Reds.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

No thanks, I have to think that hanging over his head will hurt his performance.
    Go Gators!

everyone makes mistakes, i don't agree with what he did, but I would love to see him in a Reds uniform. He's a very good pitcher when he's on. He's better than anything on the staff not named Arroyo and Harang.

I'm not sure the Reds have the pieces that Philly would want for him. They need starting pitching so I can't really see them trading him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?