Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brett Myers whattya think?

Re: Brett Myers whattya think?

Myers was optioned to Single-A Clearwater yesterday so that they could replace him on the 25 man roster. He is not expected to pitch for Clearwater, they made the move just to open a roster spot. He is still expected to re-join the rotation his first turn after the All-Star Game.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He hit a woman. Forget it. I'd rather lose than give money to a guy that would punch a lady in the face.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Mike Shannon, during a rain delay, once told a story about a Cardinal pitcher who found out his brother-in-law had hit his sister. The Cardinal got on a plane, flew home, found his b-i-l, punched him in the nose, and then flew back to rejoin the team.

Brett Myers, What do ya think? I think MLB should let the girl's father decide Myers' punishment.
    Danny Cox. IIRC.
    And it was apparently in the World Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    Dunno what ya heard, but so far he's just out until after the ASB. There is talk of treating him like Jason Michaels, aka trade him once he gets in trouble with the law.

Myers was all over the local rags and news today being apologetic and saying he embarrassed the Phillies as well as his family and felt that he could get things back on track by after the All Star Break.
    Well, it may have just been my friend up there echoing some web talk or stuff he's heard around the sports bars, like I said, we were on IM at that time.

What area of Philly you in Highlife? I get up there on occasion for buisness.

FCB and zombie beat me to it. If he hit a woman, I never want him wearing a Reds uniform. Makes me sick.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

trade for him, beat him up, then trade him again

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    everyone makes mistakes...
    I believe what Myers did qualifies as more than a mistake. He is a 240 pound athlete who was arrested for hitting a woman and dragging her by the hair. This "man" has a real problem.

And, he is probably facing serious consequences as a result of his highly publicized arrest. He will go to court in Boston's highly politically charged arena where the DA and judge will be under national scrutiny to send a strong message about the seriousness of spousal abuse.

Could he be out for the rest of the season while he goes through treatment? I think it is very likely if he wants to go to court with any ammunition to avoid a very severe penalty.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    I believe what Myers did qualifies as more than a mistake. He is a 240 pound athlete who was arrested for hitting a woman and dragging her by the hair. This "man" has a real problem.
    Not just a "woman". She is his wife and the mother of their two children. What happened to honor and cherish?

Supposedly she made a comment while it was occurring that she wasn't going to take it anymore and his initial comments after the assault were that he wished it hadn't happened in public.

He may win a lot of baseball games but as a husband and father he is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Not just a "woman". She is his wife and the mother of their two children. What happened to honor and cherish?

Supposedly she made a comment while it was occurring that she wasn't going to take it anymore and his initial comments after the assault were that he wished it hadn't happened in public.

Well said.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Myers was optioned to Single-A Clearwater yesterday so that they could replace him on the 25 man roster. He is not expected to pitch for Clearwater, they made the move just to open a roster spot. He is still expected to re-join the rotation his first turn after the All-Star Game.
    Did they have to re-do his contract for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Did they have to re-do his contract for that?
    , Yeah, I believe he has a clause in his contract that allows that, unlike Wily Mo.

Obviously, he had an option remaining.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85

Check that...as a human being, husband and father he is a loser.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    trade for him, beat him up, then trade him again
    Best plan yet.
    Go Gators!

Looks like Mrs. Myers wants the charges dropped. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2614037
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Let's go trade for him anyway. He'd fit in nicely beside Harang and Arroyo. If our top 3 looks like Harang, Arroyo and Myers, I like us in the NL Central for 2007.

Turn Off Ads?