Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Should The Reds Batting Order Be?

What Should The Reds Batting Order Be?

Heres my line up with our best everyday players. What's yours..

Lopez SS
    Phillips 2B
    Kearns RF
    Griffey CF
    Aurilia 1B
    Dunn LF
    Encarnacion 3B
    Ross C
    Pitcher P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Should The Reds Batting Order Be?

Lopez
    Phillips
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Kearns
    Rich or Hatt
    Edwin
    Catcher of Choice
    Pitcher

I did like Dunn in the 2 spot the other night but I love speed at the top of the order with Phillips and Lopez to make Dunn a fixture there.

Lopez
    BP
    Griffey
    Edwin
    Dunn
    Kearns
    RA/Hatte
    Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Freel-CF
    Lopez-SS
    Griffey-LF
    Dunn-1B
    Kearns-RF
    BP-2b
    Edwin-3b
    Ross-C

Dunn's numbers say he should never be batting lower than 4th....personally I think he should never be below 3rd with the amount of times he reaches base. The fact that Griffey bats ahead of him is ridiculous. If there is one thing Griffey does, it is drive in runs, one thing that Dunn does is get on base, so why no put him in front of Griffey. Dunn will also see better pitches bc they will be less likely to pitch around Dunn knowing Griffey is on deck.

Freel
    Lopez
    Dunn - 1B
    Griffey
    Edwin
    Kearns
    Phillips
    any of the 3 headed monster

We have an amazing offense that is misused every day.

With Hatteberg

Lopez
    Hatteberg (very unsure about this, but I love his obp, but such a slow runner, but not like Dunn or Jr. are catching up to him)
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Edwin
    Kearns
    Phillips
    Catcher

I don't have a lineup with Aurilia, just not cleanup
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 06-28-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Dunn should bat third, like everyday. Freel leads off, Dunn 3rd, Jr. 4th. Do with the rest what you wish.

whodeynati85

1.Phillips-2B
    2.Lopez-SS
    3.Griffey-CF
    4.Dunn-LF
    5.Edwin-3B
    6.Kearns-RF
    7.Aurillia-1B
    8.Ross-C

Right now?

Freel 3B
    Lopez SS
    Dunn LF
    JR CF
    Phillips 2B
    Kearns RF
    Aurilia 1B
    Ross C
    Go Gators!

Dunn is hitting .353/.421/.824-1.245 when he bats 2nd, I'm assuming that's because of Griffey protecting him in the lineup. With that said, here is my lineup for when EE returns.

SS Lopez
    2B Phillips
    LF Dunn
    CF Griffey Jr.
    3B Encarnacion
    RF Kearns
    1B Aurilia/Hatteberg
    C Ross/LaRue

Freel still gets a lot of PT when someone is given a day off.

Without EE:

Freel
    Lopez
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Kearns
    Phillips
    Hatteberg/Aurilia
    Ross/LaRue

It's so nice seeing most of you guys putting JR. batting cleanup. I've been saying this alot in the last few weeks. JR. in the cleanup spot give the Reds much need stability and better options all-around. I think this is the best lineup, but a couple of players would need to change positions:

Freel LF/3B
    Lopez SS
    Dunn 1B/LF
    JR CF
    EE 3B/1B
    Kearns RF
    Phillips 2B
    Ross C

No Freel:

Phillips 2B
    Lopez SS
    Dunn LF
    JR CF
    EE 3B
    Kearns RF
    Hatte/Aurilia 1B
    Ross C

Personally, I'd like to see the middle of the lineup remain consistent with Lopez, Dunn, JR, EE, Kearns batting 2-6 every day. When Freel, Aurilia, Hatte are in the lineup you switch positions 1 and 7 a little bit. Seems simple to me.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Right now?

Freel 3B
    Lopez SS
    Dunn LF
    JR CF
    Phillips 2B
    Kearns RF
    Aurilia 1B
    Ross C
    no Hatteberg?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

saboforthird

Freel
    Lopez
    Junior
    Kearns
    Phllips
    Dunn
    Aurilia
    Ross

I think that until Dunn proves he can do something other than get on base, he shouldn't be in a position where he needs to drive in runs on a frequent basis, at the top of the lineup. His RISP numbers were horrible at last look. I think it's great that he CAN get on base as much as he does, but he doesn't do much to help himself on the bases, and the focus ought to be on him driving other runners in. That's what they paid him to do, right?
    Last edited by saboforthird; 06-29-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    Freel
    Lopez
    Junior
    Kearns
    Phllips
    Dunn
    Aurilia
    Ross

I think that until Dunn proves he can do something other than get on base, he shouldn't be in a position where he needs to drive in runs on a frequent basis. His RISP numbers were horrible at last look. I think it's great that he CAN get on base as much as he does, but he doesn't do much to help himself on the bases, and the focus ought to be on him driving other runners in. That's what they paid him to do, right?

They pay him to play baseball.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I think you put Dunn in the fifth or sixth spot. The guy can't hit with runners in scorring position and thats what you want you're 3rd and 4th batters to do. Dunn can walk or hit his solo homers all day at the 5th and 6th spot and will probable have better numbers there. Griff is perfect for the 4th spot. Lopez and Phillips are great speed guys, they need to be at the top of the order setting the table we all agree on that so why does Narron have Phillips hitting deep in the order. Kearns is having a great year as well and hits for power and average a perfect fit for the 3 hole.

Quote Originally Posted by saboforthird
    Freel
    His RISP numbers were horrible at last look. I think it's great that he CAN get on base as much as he does, but he doesn't do much to help himself on the bases, and the focus ought to be on him driving other runners in. That's what they paid him to do, right?
    His batting average w/RISP numbers are bad. His overall RISP numbers are not. SLG% is the primary RBI driver, not batting average.

Turn Off Ads?