Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds launch discount ticket program

Reds launch discount ticket program

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/ci...6/daily24.html

The Cincinnati Reds have started a discount program that allows fans to buy tickets, food and drinks for $12 each.

The new "4 for $48" ticket program means fans can purchase four View Level tickets, four hot dogs and four 24-ounce soft drinks for $48. The program starts with Thursday's game against the Kansas City Royals.

To take advantage of the offer, fans must buy tickets in advance of game day. They can buy them by going to www.reds.com, by calling (513) 381-REDS or (877) 647-REDS, or by going to the Great American Ball Park advance ticket windows.

View Level tickets on their own typically cost $12.

The move is aimed at addressing fans' concerns that a trip to the ballpark is too expensive for many families.

"We're always looking for additional ways to provide quality Major League Baseball as an affordable entertainment option," Reds Chief Executive Officer Bob Castellini said in a news release.

Despite its strong start -- the Reds' 41-36 record leads the wild-card race -- the team's attendance is lagging behind most of the league. The Reds have drawn 927,664 fans through Tuesday's game. The per-game average of 25,072 ranks 22nd out of 30 Major League Baseball teams.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds launch discount ticket program

This sounds like a great idea. I wish there was a designated area for these tickets, not just field view. Like in Detroit they have the Pepsi Porch that is a similar idea. I think it is $10 for a piece of pizza and a pepsi.

Hopefully they get the word out. They should be running ads non stop on FSN. Hopefully cover up some terrible JTM dancing, or multi-tasking.

It's about time. The marketing team needs to make some changes to get people down to the park during the week. I think this is a nice start. I'd love to see more changes too. People, in general, love free stuff and things on sale. Here's 3 of my ideas:

1) If I was the Reds I would have a $1 hot dog night one day of the week.
    2) I would also have free Pepsi day with the purchase of any sandwich one night.
    3) Or what about a buy one get one free night on anything in the park? Those are just some ideas I have that I think would help boost attendance. To me, it doesn't make sense that you can get in the park for $5, but it will cost you 4 times that amount to have a couple of beers and a sandwich.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Hopefully they get the word out. They should be running ads non stop on FSN. Hopefully cover up some terrible JTM dancing, or multi-tasking.
    That would be great but FSN's ads have had a spot for the Jason Larue John Deere hat promotion on JUNE 2nd, for weeks now. Even though they mean July.

I think this should deserve a sticky - IMO - people are always looking for things like this .

I was planning on going down in July and sit in 'Kitty Duran' seats (a la Bob Uecker) in the $5 seats - but this is a better deal, IMO.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

To me, it doesn't make sense that you can get in the park for $5, but it will cost you 4 times that amount to have a couple of beers and a sandwich.
    Can't help you with the beer... but you can bring in food to GABP.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Gary Redus Ruled

Im really digging our new owner

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    It's about time.
    Actually, they did this last year too.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

For thoses of you who say "It's about time" and all other similar comments...keep in mind that this ownership group has only been around a few months...in that time they have hired a gm, front offic, scouting, marketing and not to mention the amount of community work they have done in Cincinnati and in Florida...they ahve reached out to fans, former players and media more in the few months they have been around then the prior ownership group did the entire time they were in power....these guys are moving at a very fast pace...VERY FAST and for them to be where they are at this point is unbelievable.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    For thoses of you who say "It's about time" and all other similar comments...keep in mind that this ownership group has only been around a few months...in that time they have hired a gm, front offic, scouting, marketing and not to mention the amount of community work they have done in Cincinnati and in Florida...they ahve reached out to fans, former players and media more in the few months they have been around then the prior ownership group did the entire time they were in power....these guys are moving at a very fast pace...VERY FAST and for them to be where they are at this point is unbelievable.
    Let's also not forget that the previous regime sent out thousands of vouchers for FREE view level tickets to students, teachers, police, firefighters, hospital emplyees, etc., etc.

Granted, they put a crummy product on the field, so maybe you were getting what you paid for.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Let's also not forget that the previous regime sent out thousands of vouchers for FREE view level tickets to students, teachers, police, firefighters, hospital emplyees, etc., etc.

Granted, they put a crummy product on the field, so maybe you were getting what you paid for.
    The difference between a free ticket and a discounted ticket or package is the percieved value of what the person is getting.

I would pay $48 for four tickets to see this team play...especially with BA on the mound...the free eats are the sweet iceing on the cake.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    The difference between a free ticket and a discounted ticket or package is the percieved value of what the person is getting.

I would pay $48 for four tickets to see this team play...especially with BA on the mound...the free eats are the sweet iceing on the cake.
    I'm confused. Tell me if what I'm saying here is wrong.

Restaurant is open for business. It's not so good but not the worst restaurant in town either. Kicker is, you can eat for free.

Restaurant is sold, comes under new management. It's better... quite a bit better, but still lacks in some areas. You have to pay full price to eat at this restaurant, but you get free appetizers and one drink (no refills).

I'm excited about them being better, too. But the package deal that is available now doesn't compare to being able to get freebies. And even if you weren't in one of the groups that got freebies, they were all over the community.

It really doesn't matter to me, as I have season tix anyway. (Bought them when I found out there would be no more vouchers... sucker I am.)

PS: Some Chevy/GM dealers in Cincy area have discounted/free tickets available if you visit the dealership. I believe I saw this on FSN broadcast the other night.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    I'm confused. Tell me if what I'm saying here is wrong.

Restaurant is open for business. It's not so good but not the worst restaurant in town either. Kicker is, you can eat for free.

Restaurant is sold, comes under new management. It's better... quite a bit better, but still lacks in some areas. You have to pay full price to eat at this restaurant, but you get free appetizers and one drink (no refills).

I'm excited about them being better, too. But the package deal that is available now doesn't compare to being able to get freebies. And even if you weren't in one of the groups that got freebies, they were all over the community.

It really doesn't matter to me, as I have season tix anyway. (Bought them when I found out there would be no more vouchers... sucker I am.)

PS: Some Chevy/GM dealers in Cincy area have discounted/free tickets available if you visit the dealership. I believe I saw this on FSN broadcast the other night.
    The difference is, the free vouchers were only good to bring people to the park once and were a gift from Carl. This a bonus that works any day of the week, could actually boost attendance more than just once, and is run through the Reds.

I could see this helping with attendance a lot. Bring the people out, they either spend more money that time, or like what the see and want to come back again. Sounds like good marketing/ fundraising to me!

And consider the perception of it also. Under Lindner you got a free ticket, but then had to come to the stadium, pay for food and watch a horrible team (Forget about bringing food to the ballpark as most people are too lazy to do this). Yes, they got a free ticket but they can still gripe about the food and the team.

With the 4 for $48 deal, while you are expending $48 you are also geting some food for "free" which seems to make it a better deal in the minds of some. Wow...look what I got extra! It's like when you offer a rebate for a product, most people don't bother to send it in. But put a large package item on the shelf with a big sign that says 15% more free (even though they are paying more for the total item) and people eat it up.

And, in the Reds case, they now get to see a better team and one that has a hope of being even better in the future. All around I can see why people would like this better than just being handed a free voucher.

They should PAY you for eating the hod dogs
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?