Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My guess at the AS game!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

My guess at the AS game!

My take on the NL AS Roster before voting is completed. This is a list of what I think will happen and not what I would necc. like to see happen. If AstroBuddy is around maybe he has some in depth ideas of what Phil Garner might lean towards as far as A,B or C players. Although I must admit I can't recall how many is allowed on the roster, something tells me 33 or 34. If someone can remember let me know. I am going w/ 34!

Fan Voting:
    C- LoDuca- NYM
    1B- Pujols- St. L
    2B- Utley- Phil.
    SS- Reyes- NYM
    3B- Wright- NYM
    LF- Bay- Pitt
    CF- Griffey- Cincy
    RF- Beltran- NYM

Pitchers:
    Tom Glavine- NYM (Although another Met how can you keep him out?)
    Brandon Webb- Arz
    Brad Penny- LA
    Jason Schmidt- S.F.
    Carlos Zambrano- Chi
    Trevor Hoffman- S.D.
    Roy Oswalt- Hou
    Bronson Arroyo- Cincy
    Billy Wagner- NYM
    Chris Carpenter- St. L
    Jason Isringhausen- St. L
    Tom Gordon- Phil
    Aaron Harang- Cincy

Reserves:
    Matt Holliday- OF- Col
    Andruw Jones- OF- Atl.
    Alfonso Soriano- OF- Was.
    Lance Berkman- 1B- Hou.
    Carlos Lee- OF- Mil
    Miguel Cabrera- 3B/OF- Fla
    Craig Biggio- 2B- Hou
    David Eckstein- SS- St. L
    Mike Piazza- C- S.D.
    Jose Castillo- 3B- Pitt.
    Ryan Howard- 1B- Phil
    Nomar Garciaparra- 1B L.A.
    Dan Uggla- 2B- Fla.

There's my list if in fact you can have 34. If not then Subtract Uggla and then if necc. Nomar I only added them because of how good their season has been! Man this was more difficult than I 1st thought, with all the teams included etc.,what do ya think?
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 06-30-2006 at 12:01 AM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My guess at the AS game!

I would swap the following:

Castillo, PIT for Sanchez, PIT
    Garciaparra, LA for Phillips, CIN
    Piazza, SD for Estrada, ARI

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: My guess at the AS game!

I would swap the following:

Castillo, PIT for Sanchez, PIT
    Garciaparra, LA for Phillips, CIN
    Piazza, SD for Estrada, ARI
    Yeah I thought about Estrada and if it were my decision I think I might, as a matter of fact I think perhaps you are right Garner probably would take Estrada. I took Piazza because of his popularity thinking maybe Garner would take that into consideration. Castillo though is hitting .363 and Nomar right behind him @ .362. Besides Sanchez & Phillips both play 2nd. If it were me it would be BP no question over everyone @ 2B including Utley but it's not.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?