Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Weathers still has a sense of humor, at least.

Weathers still has a sense of humor, at least.

I was sitting in the front row next to the foul pole with my kids during batting practice Thursday night. Weathers was standing nearby talking to Hume and LaRue. He walked over and picked up a ball on the ground and tossed it to my 8 year old son. It popped out of his glove, and Weathers walked over and tossed it back to him a second time and said "That was the first time I've hit my target in 6 weeks!". He grinned and then left. My son won't forget him for quite a while.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Weathers still has a sense of humor, at least.

That's pretty funny, at least Weathers can admit and talk about his problems pitching. Not to mention he gave your son a positive memory he won't forget for a long time.

Yup, I wish all players knew how much they mean to kids and that even a little thing like that can have such a big impact. You know your kid is telling EVERYONE he knows about that tomorrow.

Weathers is an awesome guy!! Definitely one of the nicest Reds.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

I'm glad he has a sense of humor about it, because I sure don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

My wife makes me laugh. She mentioned several times on the walk back to the hotel that Weathers shouldn't get the W after pitching so bad. She actually mentioned writing a letter. To whom I am not sure, but I guess I am lucky to have a wife that is so passionate about the game, although sometimes she needs to realize they play again the next day.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I feel kind of bad now for wishing that broken bat tonight would have stabbed weathers, nothing serious just a flesh wound to keep him off the field.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 06-30-2006 at 02:36 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Weathers really didn't pitch all that poorly. That bloop that fell in front of Kearns was rather unlucky and again Lopez dropping the ball didn't help Hammond or Weathers (Im not sure he would have gotten the runner at 1st anyway).

As sad as it may be, Weathers is still one of the better options in the bullpen.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    My wife makes me laugh. She mentioned several times on the walk back to the hotel that Weathers shouldn't get the W after pitching so bad. She actually mentioned writing a letter. To whom I am not sure, but I guess I am lucky to have a wife that is so passionate about the game, although sometimes she needs to realize they play again the next day.
    Maybe she can write to these guys:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/of...s/foreword.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    I feel kind of bad now for wishing that broken bat tonight would have stabbed weathers, nothing serious just a flesh wound to keep him out off the field.
    A flesh wound? Like this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?