Turn Off Ads?

Thread: James White...

James White...

Never really kept up with UC, but I'm a Pacers fan. How good is this guy supposed to be? I know there are a bunch of UC fans on here, so how do you think he will project in the NBA?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: James White...

I was listening to sports radio here in indy today and JMV was saying that eventually he could be a star, if he could develop an occasional mid range jumper. Apperently his athletic abilitly is crazy, but he needs polishing.

Yay!

Slender, athletic. Developed some range while at UC. Decent handles. Neds to work on strength. I'm not sure I ever see him as a starting 2 guard, but possibly a valuable role guy off the bench.

Mix of some high school dunks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeAc...=james%20white

From the 06 college dunk contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtyZ...=james%20white

Ridiculous dunk vs. ECU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICX7q...=james%20white
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Wow. Inbetween the legs from the free throw line. Seems like he is Fred Jones, except 6'7"

His outside shot has improved drastically in the past year or two. He's a pretty good ball handler and a good slasher. Defensively he usually drew the toughest assignment on the team due to his quickness and length. Good from the free throw line also. I could see him getting some time late in games if the coach wants a defensive stopper/good free throw shooter. He does need to get stronger. Athletically, he's amazing. He's the best athlete and dunker I've ever personally seen play. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out in the pros.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Very raw. Thats my description.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm a Pacers fan also. Hopefully he can pan out, I don't want too many more years with Jackson at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    I was listening to sports radio here in indy today and JMV was saying that eventually he could be a star, if he could develop an occasional mid range jumper. Apperently his athletic abilitly is crazy, but he needs polishing.
    What ever JMV says is right on he is a basketball junkie LOL
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Turn Off Ads?