Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunn's OBP IS inflated after all!!

Dunn's OBP IS inflated after all!!

Dunn's OBP is inflated by HOME RUNS!! How can that count for his OBP he's not staying on base. If you subtract all the home runs this year from his OBP it drops to around .300 which I know people on here have said is horrible. I'd like to see some of you guys that are big into stats (I didn't say stat heads) defend that. So until some of you on this board stop hiding Dunn behind these phony numbers then well, I don't see how you can respect yourselves.

Well I knew everyone was thinking it, so I decided I was going to be the one to come right out and say it. If you wish to thank me but fear reprisal, then you may do so privately. I won't name names.

And RBIs off home runs shouldn't count either.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Dunn's OBP IS inflated after all!!

Is this a joke? I hope its a joke...

Razor, what smilie did you forget?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Just my half hearted attempt at levity. Sorry.

I thought it was funny, but with some of the crazy people here, I actually believed you, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    I thought it was funny, but with some of the crazy people here, I actually believed you, haha.
    Me too. I thought it was a joke until about halfway through.

Many times I have wet my undies because Dunn came to bat as I was heading to the restroom and I made the mistake of holding it and waiting to see if Dunn could get a single.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Dunn basher! off with his head
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    Dunn's OBP is inflated by HOME RUNS!! How can that count for his OBP he's not staying on base. If you subtract all the home runs this year from his OBP it drops to around .300 which I know people on here have said is horrible. I'd like to see some of you guys that are big into stats (I didn't say stat heads) defend that. So until some of you on this board stop hiding Dunn behind these phony numbers then well, I don't see how you can respect yourselves.

Well I knew everyone was thinking it, so I decided I was going to be the one to come right out and say it. If you wish to thank me but fear reprisal, then you may do so privately. I won't name names.

I thought this would give it away, I should have been more over the top I guess.

yeah, i think if you had said you would rather have nine Brandon Phillips in the lineup over dunn, I would have known it was a joke....oh wait, someone did say that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B

This is a pretty ridiculous observation. Guess everyone else's HRs should be cut from the OBP record as well, right?

Bizarre notion.

HRs count; if they didn't they would be banned.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Well, ya fooled me... because I'm not in the least bit surprised that someone/many would feel this way.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    This is a pretty ridiculous observation. Guess everyone else's HRs should be cut from the OBP record as well, right?

Bizarre notion.

HRs count; if they didn't they would be banned.
    Psst...TB, Razor Shines is intentionally being absurd. It's humor.

(Edit: I see ya' already figured it out. And you're right. I think we've seen similar words posted as truth before...hmn...who would do that...)
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Dunn also once went 1,085 plate appearances without a sacrifice fly, a stat reviled endlessly in many media outlets. A closer look reveals that Dunn had 65 plate appearances in that stretch with a runner on third and less than two out; in those appearances he reached base 28 times. Thus, Dunn was castigated for posting a .431 on-base percentage in a particular situation over a two-year span, the criminal.

But most of those were walks, so the runner didn't score. He should have chased balls out of the zone.

Sincerely,

Jerry N.

Turn Off Ads?