Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Indians series- who is going, and does anyone care anymore?

Reds Indians series- who is going, and does anyone care anymore?

Who is attending games in this series? And is it a big deal anymore, or just another series to you? I will be there Friday and Saturday, bit it is because I have the time to go right now- the fact that it is Cleveland is meaningless.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Indians series- who is going, and does anyone care anymore?

Im going Friday, not bc of the "rivalry???" but bc we are one game out, and I have a night off of work!

I was going to go, but am umpiring a tournament this weekend, but the fact that it is the indians doesn't mean much to me. Then again I don't live in Ohio.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

It is not as big as it once was... when Cleveland was selling out every game and tickets were in higher demand. I am sure you still get some fans making road trips... but not nearly like it was 5 years ago.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Going Friday night, Seats 16-17, Row K, Section 535. If anyone wants to come by and say hi, feel free.

Can't stand Cleveland fans...they are big time bandwagons. I feel that way since I live about 90 minutes from Cleveland. (although I'm getting ready to move 30 miles or so from Cincy in about a month) I guess most fans really follow their team when they are doing well, just something about Cleveland I've never liked. Can't really pinpoint it! So no, it is not just another series to me. Go Reds!

Planning on going to all three games. I bought the Power Pack thing and all three games were included. Hopefully the Reds can improve on my 1-6 record for games I've attended this year.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

For a Level Playing Field

I will not be able to attend. However, I was there when the REDS and Indians played for the 1st time in Cinergy Field (better known as Riverfront Stadium). That game was a sellout and IIRC the REDS won 2-1 behind a great effort from future Indians pitcher Dave Burba. It was a big-to-do then. I still have a plastic cup from that game which says something like the I-71 Series and The Battle of Ohio on it. And of course the Indians had a powerhouse team back then and were playoff contenders.

Last year the REDS avg. 26,119 per game for the 3-game series at home against the Indians. Having a 14-26 record when entering that series probably didn't help matters! They avg. 35,080 per game when they played the Indians in 2004... the REDS were 42-37 when they started that series.

I think the series was a big-to-do when it started and is no more special than any other home series these days. Probably get a few more than a team like KC would bring in b/c of the Inidans fans that may come to Cincy and catch a game or two. But the attendance is probably more based on the REDS record than an in-state rivalry or anything of that sort.

I also bought two power packs and have tickets to all three games. I don't care that it is Cleveland, but I am excited abot the Reds. I am a little concerned about Mays on Saturday and Milton on Sunday.

I'll be there Friday and Sunday... maybe Saturday.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'll be there all three games. I'm a life long fan of both teams and a former Clevelander (though I've stopped following the Tribe since moving to Cincinnati). Even when I lived up there, nothing gave me the satisfaction of watching the Reds beat the stuffing out of Cleveland. I wouldn't miss this series for the world.

I'll be there on Sunday. At the start of the season, with the higher expectations for the Indians, I was more excited about the game, but now it's just another game. Doesn't matter which league anymore, I just like to see them play good teams and get a win.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

Gary Redus Ruled

I wonder if Bob Wickman rides back on our bus........(trade?). Just a thought no substance.

I'll be at all three games, but I'm alittle more excited about the "Reds vs. Indians" thing than most here seem to be. I've never seen a Reds/Indians game before so that's probably why I'm more excited.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Redus
    I wonder if Bob Wickman rides back on our bus........(trade?). Just a thought no substance.
    Reports are if the Indians try to trade him, he will reject the trade no matter who it's to.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?