Score Early, Score Often
MLB All Star Game - This time it counts for all the teams?
MLB wants the All-Star game to mean something. Well, OK, but many don't care to mess with the World Series.
How about this approach?
1) Make all interleague games immedietely follow the All-Star game.
2) The winning league of the All-Star game has its rules adoped for all Interleague games. (DH/no DH)
*The AL teams might grouse a bit about their DH being forced to play the field or sit, but it'd only be for a few games and it would be league-wide.
- The fans would be prodded to vote the best players from their league in.
- The players would take the game more seriously.
- The managers would take the game more seriously.
- No team would be materially disadvantaged.*
- It would restore a bit of the NL/AL rivalry.
Re: MLB All Star Game - This time it counts for all the teams?
So the NL would get to DH since the NL cant seem to win a flipping All star game anymore.