Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $5 Ticket Premium to Indians Series - Enraging?

$5 Ticket Premium to Indians Series - Enraging?

So, this might have been done before in previous years, but I guess I forgot this despicable price gouging technique by the Reds for the Indians series.

They are charging $5 extra across the board for every ticket (even the $5 day-of-game tickets are now $10).

I'm still going all weekend of course, I want the Jason LaRue hat on Sunday especially, but this is stupid and takes advantage of the fans, especially loyal fans like myself.

The ticket prices are already too high compared to other MLB teams in my opinion, and this is just making it far worse. I'm paying the extra $15 to go to all 3 games but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I am pretty mad about it actually.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: $5 Ticket Premium to Indians Series - Enraging?

Welcome to Economics 101. Professor John Allen will be your instructor.

i personally think the Reds and other sports teams should hold premium tickets and sell them for the same prices the ticket scalpers do, but that's my opinion. i don't see what's outrageous about charging a price for a product that people are willing to pay. if this makes you so mad, do not buy the tickets. you have no right to baseball tickets.

They've been doing it for years, not outraged at all.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hummmmm...increased demand...supply remains constant....prices go up. Pretty simply really. It's not price gouging, it's basic economics.

So why not $10 extra? or $20? or $50? Where does it stop?

And why not for the Cubs or White Sox series where there is "increased demand"?

Because it wasn't a holliday weekend when they were in town. On a holliday weekend you can expect more people would take in a ballgame than most normal weekends. More people will be in town, there's more promotions, etc. Throw in that it's the Indians, and you get a significantly increased demand.

Where does the premium stop? When it's at the point that the total price depresses overall demand and significantly reduces attendence.

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries

Both good questions.

And why not $5 off when Pittsburgh or KC are here?

I'm not sure if they're the only one, but the Rockies have gone to a sliding scale of ticket prices based on who the opponent is and what month of the season it is.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Well, ideally it would stop at the point where the Reds made the maximum profit. But it's a little more complicated, since there is a long-term good to selling more tickets.

Again, I don't see how you can on one hand be enraged and on the other hand pay the money. The tickets are obviously worth $5 more to you.

Another thing to consider. I don't think you can lable it "stupid" that the Reds are attempting to run their business well. They are maximizing their revenue, and consequently profits which means they have more resources (read: money) in the future for payroll, marketing efforts, stadium improvements, etc. That's a sound long-term business move.

In fact, I would argue that not working to maximize their revenues hurts the Reds in the long run and would be the "stupid" course of action.

If your going to complain about $5, don't complain when the Reds don't spend money to get better.

Make sure you hurry over to get your free hat though.

The Reds have been doing it for a few years now - along with $10 extra for Opening Day. No problem with it... it's only 4 games they are charging extra money for. There are 77 other home games where the cheapest ticket (day of game) is $5. I went last night and used a coupon to get a $12 seat for $6.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Well, I am sitting in the ballpark tonight, happy that I won a half price view level ticket on the lottery scratch off ticket, so that takes care of my $5 for tonight

The ticket prices are already too high compared to other MLB teams in my opinion, and this is just making it far worse.
    Ummmm, I have no idea where you got that idea but it's wrong. Reds tickets are actually lower than most.

And they charged $5 extra last year too for the Cleveland series. I think Cleveland did too, though I'm not 100% sure.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Yeah, you're right. I looked it up and the Reds are 22nd in average ticket prices. I guess I got spoiled going to a bunch of games at County Stadium in Milwaukee where everything was a lot cheaper. Not so at the new Miller Park though.

Turn Off Ads?