Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mods, please remove my account...

saboforthird

Mods, please remove my account...

I've been viewing this site for a long, long time. Everytime I come here I learn something about the Reds, which is a good thing. The bad thing is that I can't help but wonder how a website can hold together for so long, with so many poor attitudes. It truely is amazing how immature many posters are here. A small handful of them were mentioned in the "Let's all take a deep breath..." thread. Of course that amounted to a hill of beans, as those posters across the board provide significant traffic to the site.

One of the things that has been missing from Redzone since its conception, and which leaves me scratching my head as to how this site remained running for such a long time, is a feeling of community. I'm sure that others here have searched the archives and found evidence of a clique here. Heck, you don't really need to search the archives for that. It's as obvious as the sun setting west. It is hard for me to find a comfortable role amongst posters that act like barbarians and 3-year olds all rolled up into one.

Nevertheless, here's to hoping the Reds go all the way.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mods, please remove my account...

Worst troll attempt I have ever seen.

Or you could just not come back, and the mods wouldn't have to remove your account.

If there is a " clique" who cares? I know I am not a part of any, and it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the site. What has affected it is posts like yours. There are some long time members on this board who are friends, if that is considerd a "clique" then yeah there is one. I don't see one thing wrong with it though. Somehow hundreds of posters have managed to enjoy this site. I can't speak for anyone else because I don't know who is in the "clique" you speak of, but I have managed 405 rep points on here without being part of it. If a 16 year old high school student from Illinois can be considerd a good poster on this board (which i think or at least hope people think I am) then anyone can.

You don't want to be here? Then all I can say is....

He Gone!
    Last edited by reds44; 07-01-2006 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The greatest win for the Reds in 16 years, and we get this?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Why did you have to post this and not just PM a mod? This is one of those "what would my funeral be like" posts. Why does your account have to be wiped out? Are you on a rolling payment plan?

This one's gonna beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gone!

All kidding aside, get over it and discuss baseball. That is what this is here for.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 07-01-2006 at 01:55 AM.

This is a perfect example of why there was a need for two boards.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Maybe we should have a "delete this account" option for the bridge jumpers.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Please no urination in the pool.

everybody pile on!

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Old Red Guard Reject

Sabo, you have to understand that some people will offend you, some people will lose their temper, some people will annoy you and sometimes there's more than one of the preceding. This is similar to any "community" that exists in the real world. You need to get over it or not be a part of the community. Apparently, you have chosen the latter. The past few months, I feel the Redszone staff has loosened up and allowed pretty much anything and anyone to post what they think. Even allowing some to post redundant, yet important topics to the dismay of some and even deal with frustrated Reds-centered ranters like myself sometimes. I appreciate this. However, with this freedom comes responsibility. You have to understand that if people are allowed to express their opinion that it's not all going to be the same and when conflict occurs, you need to debate the issue intelligently, sensibly and without hard feelings. I think a lot of the "clique" that you refer to are posters that share the same values. Again, this happens everyday, just with different issues. For instance, what if you walk into a local diner of a town that's largely Republican and make a statement like "Reagan is the reason why our gas prices are so high" (Otherwise, an anti-Republican statement that doesn't make sense to a lot of people and would need justification to prove your point) A lot of those people would disagree with you and expect you to explain your reasoning for your statement. That's not a "clique" it's just people who share a common viewpoint.
    Last edited by Newman4; 07-01-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Please no urination in the pool.
    Awwww...
    I thought it was lemonade!

Turn Off Ads?