Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Radio highlights

Radio highlights

Is there anywhere I can catch the call from last night, atleast the last play? I was on reds.com and could only find TV. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Radio highlights

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Is there anywhere I can catch the call from last night, atleast the last play? I was on reds.com and could only find TV. Thanks.
    Put on sportscenter on ESPN in 3 minutes. Within the first 3 minutes of the show you will hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Well this royally sucks. On Reds.com they have an audio highlight clip of it, but it's not Marty...it's good ol' George Grande. Why in the world would they do that? They ALWAYS have Martys calls on big plays like that one. If anyone happens across MARTYS call, please post it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Haunted by walks

wow just listening to it again just gave me chills.. that was o awesome and i kick myself for not going.. argg..

THAT WAS AWESOME. The raw emotion of his call just gives me chills. That was one memorable moment right there boy!

IMO, Marty's call of Dunn's HR will never be as good as Marty going absolute berserk while calling the Perez HR in 1974, Marty's first year with the Reds. Marty later commented that the Perez HR call probably helped him to be better liked in Redsland by those who didnt like the idea of Al Michaels leaving and Marty coming in as his replacement.

Tony Perez belts a game-deciding HR to dead-center field to cap a 5-run bottom of the 9th frame, lifting the Reds to an amazing come-from-behind 14-13 win over San Francisco on July 25, 1974. Reds' announcer Marty Brennaman's exciting radio call of that Perez game-winner will forever stick in my memory.

"Fly ball!! Center field!! It's all over!! It's all over!! The Reds win it!! The Reds win it!! The Reds win it!! Fourteen to thirteen!! Tony Perez with a home run to center field!! Ohhh, my golly!!!"

Seems like I saw a link to the audio of that Perez HR call once upon a time. If anybody knows of it, please reply.

Turn Off Ads?