Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Riverfront Club Questions

Old Red Guard Reject

Riverfront Club Questions

Hey, I bought some tickets off Ebay and they came with a couple passes to the Riverfront Club. I read the guidelines from the website and the information from the passes, but I wanted a little heads up from some people on here that have experienced the restaurant. Especially since our daughter, who is almost 2, will be with us for the "Build a Bear" Reds Teddy giveaway.

First of all, how much does it cost?

Next, it says reservations are recommended. Does it sell out very often?

What is the menu like?

How strict is the dress code?

Anything else anyone can fill me in on is appreciated. We would hate to get there and look really out of place or be unprepared in some way. Thanks again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Riverfront Club Questions

The dress code is not strict, but the Reds request business casual. Khaki shorts and a collared shirt would be fine. You could get in looking scrubbier than that, but why would ya?

If you want to eat dinner and have one of the tables along the window overlooking the field, it would be a good idea to get a reservation. There are only two seating times, IIRC. The meal is an upscale buffett, and I think it's $30, but you may want to ask when you call. Expect salmon, chicken, prime rib, etc., along with side dishes and so forth.

If you don't want to eat dinner, you can hang out in the large bar area, where there are small tables over looking the field, river, or city, and an appetizer menu is available. There are also TVs. IIRC, live music is performed by a piano player or jazz combo on occasion.

The Riverfront club adjoins the FOX Club 4192, so you can sit in the club seats and enjoy the club food and drink, if you like. You'd be doing the old "seating upgrade," though, unless the seats you bought happen to be numbered in the 300's.

It's a good time. Have fun!
    Makes all the routine posts.

It is a nice place, but if you want to eat there, I definitely recommend reservations. Depending on the night, you may or may not get seated. I don't think I'd take a 2-year old though, at least I wouldn't have taken mine. I recall it being more than $30 a plate, but I could be wrong.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

I've been there, it was a nice play. Make sure you make reservations if you want to get a seat that overlooks the field.

Personally, I liked Club 4192 better.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Old Red Guard Reject

We'll definitely get reservations. We'll be there early for the teddy bear giveaway, so it will be about 11 AM two weeks from tomorrow on Sunday. So we're flexible as far as times. However, we definitely will have our daughter with us. I hope they are as patient as courteous as other people at GABP have been with my littlest Reds fan.

As far as the dress code, I regularly wear polos and khaki shorts to games anyways. Are cargo khakis ok? What about leather 'flip flop' style sandals?

About the only thing they won't allow you in with is a muscle shirt. You can wear sandals.

We talked with one of the hostesses last year when there, and she said they relaxed the dress code because people weren't coming. Most people aren't gonna get dressed up to go to a baseball game.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?