Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rank the Reds announcers.

Re: Rank the Reds announcers.

I already listed my rankings earlier in this thread.

I just wanted to say it is quite painful watching Reds games recently on FSN. The combination of George Grande being so chipper during and after Reds losses, and the constant playing of that ridiculously bad Taylor Hicks Ford commercial makes me want to throw up. Just an awful, awful combination for the ears. I wish I could listen to 700 WLW and mute the t.v., but the 5-second delay on t.v. doesn't allow for it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I already listed my rankings earlier in this thread.

I just wanted to say it is quite painful watching Reds games recently on FSN. The combination of George Grande being so chipper during and after Reds losses, and the constant playing of that ridiculously bad Taylor Hicks Ford commercial makes me want to throw up. Just an awful, awful combination for the ears. I wish I could listen to 700 WLW and mute the t.v., but the 5-second delay on t.v. doesn't allow for it.
    You should combine the 5-second TV delay with the 3-second XM delay. Twilight Zone stuff!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I never heard Claude Sullivan or Waite Hoyt's Radio days, in fact Jim McIntyre's just a highlight away. But if Al Michaels wants to have some fun during the lull in football season, maybe we can pair him with Tom Seaver to do Reds Baseball.......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I would love to have Tom Seaver up in the booth....what I wouldn't give for that...just interviews with him are fantastic in my book.

Worth The Wait

My list would have Marty at the bottom-- you can rank the rest how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries
    RE: the trivia questions...

They are formulated (I'm almost sure) by producer Dave "Yiddy" Armbruster.

I do agree they are highly stupid most of the time. "Gangster or Gangsta?" Come on.
    I have to admit, I actually look forward to Cubs games so I can hear "Gangster or Gangsta?". But maybe I'm just a little strange.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I rank the announcers as such due to my world-view that the announcers are not hired for the typical Redszone fan, they are hired for the very casual fan.

There are no announcers hired with gonelong in mind, and thusly, I tend to think that many baseball announcers aren't worth my undivided attention.

I'm ok with that, a team SHOULDN'T be hiring guys with gonelong in mind. I'll watch the games even if they played "nails on a chalkboard" or polkas in the background in place of announcers.

GL

3. Nuxy (an old friend)
    4. Stewart, Welsh (... waking from nap, huh?, whazat?)
    5. Marty B. (yawn)
    6. Grande, Picora, Day (meh, comedic value only)

Turn Off Ads?