Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ramirez performance last night...

Ramirez performance last night...

What do you all think about his game last night? Every pitcher seems to have one of these sooner or later. I think last nights game will help him grow more as a pitcher. He could have easily folded after the error by Aurilia put runners at 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out and 5 runs scored...Ramirez then induced a GO and recorded his first K of the night(I think just these 2 outs were huge for the kid). Next, we see the kid pitch 4 more innings of 2 hits/ 1 run baseball...nice rebound for the kid. Also, whatever Valetine did for the kid I give a big thumbs up.

1/3 IP....6 hits...5 runs

4 2/3 IP....2 hits...1 run

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ramirez performance last night...

I agree that having some struggles and learning how to recover are an important part of a young pitchers development. They will eventually have a horrible inning or outing, whether it is his fault or that of bad plays, or even bad luck. They have to learn how to fight back, dig down deeper and then get people out so their team has a chance to come back.

I think the Lizzard is here to stay so one bad outing, especially considering how it might have been different w/o some errors and how he rebounded doesn't really bother me.

The fact that it ended in a W due to Dunner doesn't hurt either.

Lizard actually did the team a huge solid with his recovery last night from the first. Kept the score within reason, gave the team a chance. Props.

Just a rough outting for a young pitcher whose future is very bright. If anything, you have to like the way he didn't fall all to pieces when the runs piled up in the 1st.

Yes, I was really impressed with how he regrouped after that terrible start. Every Reds pitcher including Harang and Arroyo seem to have troubles from time to time in the 1st but then settle down after that. I like Ramirez and he kept us in the game (barely) last night instead of just falling apart. I hope Mays can do the same today.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Lizard actually did the team a huge solid with his recovery last night from the first. Kept the score within reason, gave the team a chance. Props.
    I agree. I don't want to say EZ had a bad game, rather a bad inning. He showed me a lot by bouncing back and getting 5 innings in and not having to give them to the bullpen. My opinion of him has not changed. I still think he is going to have a nice career in the majors.

He had a bad inning against a team he was facing in his 2nd straight start.

I'm not worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I can say that I would not put tonights start by Mays in the same category as that start of EZ.....but of course I think Narron blew 2 huge decisions tonight. The 1st being leaving Mays to face "the guy who has ripped him for his whole dang career" so that he could hit his 4TH GRANDSLAM of the SEASON and then leaving a LOOGY in to face a righty with runners on 2nd and 3rd....I could have made that switch for goodness sakes.

I completely agree with that assessment. Why, oh why did he leave Mays in to face Hafner? The guy quite literally couldn't get an out in that inning. Even Hammond would have been a better choice to pitch in that spot.

Turn Off Ads?