Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griffey Not An All-Star?.....I assume not.

Griffey Not An All-Star?.....I assume not.

If you go to MLB.com's All-Star shop they have jerseys for Beltran, Soriano, and Bay. Maybe I missed something but I didn't think it had been announced yet. I guess if you want to know who the All-Star teams are you can just go there. Sloppy work MLB. Sorry for Griffey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey Not An All-Star?.....I assume not.

He needs the break. I'd rather him either get in on his own merits (which is not happening) or take a few days off.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

there's going to be more then 3 outfielders.. griffey who was in forth still is a very possible bet to be an All-Star. I think Harang, Arroyo, Phillips, and Junior are NL All-Stars

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    He needs the break. I'd rather him either get in on his own merits (which is not happening) or take a few days off.
    If he doesn't make it he said on the best damn sports show period that he would go on vacation.. bahamas i think

Quote Originally Posted by uks2h
    Sorry for Griffey.
    No, happy for Griffey. And happy for the Reds if he doesn't make it. Like I've said before, I'd love to see him there playing in the game, but it's in everyone's best interest if his feet are somewhere in the sand during those few days. A break would be great for him. I may be wrong, but I bet Griffey would rather not make the team and have those three days off.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Looks like Arroyo is the only Reds all-star.

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.js...entPage=family

See the roster by clicking on the choose player option.

So much for the announcement show.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

Good call. I also noticed only 1 2B on the squad in Utley.

how many players make the final roster? i counted 26 on that site, but i thought that there was over 30 players on the final roster

FYI: Look within the description.

PLEASE NOTE: IF PLAYER DOES NOT MAKE THE FINAL ALL STAR ROSTER THE ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

That isn't the full roster. There are only 25 guys on that list. There will be more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    FYI: Look within the description.

PLEASE NOTE: IF PLAYER DOES NOT MAKE THE FINAL ALL STAR ROSTER THE ORDER WILL BE CANCELLED
    Yeah Edabbs is right on that one. I think those are the guys they think are going to go. Plus like I said, there isn't enough jerseys available for that to be the entire all-star team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

he should pay back part of his salary is he doesnt make it hes paid to be an allstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lawless Fan
    he should pay back part of his salary is he doesnt make it hes paid to be an allstar.
    please tell me this is a joke
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

So what happens to all of these shirt orders when the usual 18 or so players drop out due to injury and/or don't want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    please tell me this is a joke
    i tell you he should give it back because hes taken away lots of money just sitting home in hos yaht.

Marc's blog seems to concur with Arroyo being the sole representative...

Sunday, July 02, 2006
    Looking like one

The All-Star teams will be unveiled later today, but as I look at the possibilities I'm not sure I see more than one Reds player getting the call. That would be Bronson Arroyo, who's a perfect fit as a marquee-type personality who's having a fantastic year.

If Junior didn't make the cut in the fan voting, which appears likely, he won't be there. David Ross has some great numbers at a fairly thin position, but he still isn't really a full-time starter, so I don't expect him to go. Aaron Harang should be in contention, but I have a hard time seeing two Reds starting pitchers making the team.

That leaves Brandon Phillips, who certainly deserves to go with his offensive work (.320, 7 HR, 44 RBI, 16 SB, .828 OPS) and his glove. Chase Utley will be the starting second baseman, but there are two possibilities beyond him that may keep Phillips out. First, Florida's Dan Uggla (.309, 13 HR, 44 RBI, 1.006 OPS), who's on track to be Rookie of the Year. That choice would make sense. One other option facing NL manager Phil Garner is taking his own veteran second baseman Craig Biggio, despite a mediocre year at the plate (.267, 6 HR, 28 RBI, .740 OPS).

Either way, I don't know that Phillips will make the cut, though in my opinion he should. Guess we'll see in a few hours...

Turn Off Ads?