Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Dunn

Re: Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I've given the guy a lot of grief about hitting with runners on..hitting in the clutch...bad defense....strikeouts...yadda yadda yadda. Not in dislike, just in frustration.
    Exactly Matt. Those who have shown "disappointment" towards Dunn in the first half of this season are not doing so out of hatred or dislike. At least most of us aren't.

He's on pace for 53 homers and 106 RBIs..

He gets no more grief from me. The 2 hole seems to be working.
    And those are pretty solid numbers if you ask me. People think that a guy who may hit that many HRs would have a better RBI total; but Dunn, IMO, is a solid OB machine. And I have always advocated that he should be in the #2 spot and left there.

I'm a graduate of Raisor's baseball school of etiquette.

He's not only gonna get on base, but also still get his numbers.

And he is also gonna see better pitches with guys like Jr and EE/BP right behind him.

But as a final note - this forum is a discussion forum where we all come to offer opinions and critique players, and the game, as a whole. And everyone has that "favorite" player(s), yet seem to get very defensive (or touchy) if anything negative is even mentioned.

And IMO, alot of the times, that negative statement is not meant to be a bash, and it shouldn't be interpreted that way.

I really am impressed with what Castellini and Krivsky have done with this team in such a short order. They know, more then anyne else, that in order to get this team over that hump we have to address this bullpen.

People keep screaming to fix it..... but folks, they are seriously trying to do so. But in the first half of the season the market is very slim, and the only thing available are DFAs that one picks up (at low risk) and keep your fingers crossed.

It will be interesting at the trading deadline what this team does. But I do not want them to "sell off" the future for that chance this year.

Griffey and Dunn ain't going anywhere. But I'd ship out Kearns or Freel for some solid middle relief, and bring up Deno. I'd trade Deno in that situation too. Whatever it takes.

Guys like Aurilia or LaRue aren't gonna bring us much.

But lets be honest here - if you want pitching, then you had better be able to sacrifice something for it because teams know this - and are gonna use it.

Are the Reds willing to pay that price, and at what cost?

I really like Jay Bruce. I could envision that kid being up here, and given a shot, in a couple of years.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey! I'm not in that clique picture!! I'm calling the gang of 10!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Hey! I'm not in that clique picture!! I'm calling the gang of 10!
    You, and many others, were there in spirit.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?