Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From FoxSports.com

From FoxSports.com

The Reds continue to shop catcher Jason LaRue, and an official with one rival club says the team is willing to pick up part of LaRue's remaining $3.9 million salary this season and $5.2 million salary next season. Good luck: LaRue is batting just .178 in reduced playing time, and most contenders are set at catcher. Rival clubs continue to press the Reds about Triple-A outfielder Chris Denorfia, who boasts a .401 on-base percentage and is 13-for-14 in stlen-base attempts ...

The Angels are looking for a big HR bat to put with Vlad...would they have any pitching that would justify us sending them Dunn?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: From FoxSports.com

Trading Denorfia would be the single most worstest thing that anyone has ever done in the history of the world and universe.

Who do the Diamondbacks have behind Johnny Estrada? I hear they are putting Miguel Batista on the block and he would help the Reds quite a bit either in the rotation, or as a setup man / closer.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I don't know, of the three outfielders I think Dunn is the one you keep. He just has too much more of an upside than the other two. Kearns would be the one I would shop.

The Diamondbacks have Chris Snyder behind Estrada.

They also just sent Valverde (who has been awful) to AAA. He should come cheap, although with the way he's been pitching, you'd be taking a big chance on him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Trading Denorfia would be the single most worstest thing that anyone has ever done in the history of the world and universe.
    I don't see it happening. Wayne Krivsky is a huge Denorfia fan. He wants him up here....but as a full time player.

Somebody's going to go.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-05-2006 at 01:00 PM.

If you thought the Curse of the Bambino was bad in Boston; wait until you see the "Curse of Denorfia" . If we were to get rid of him, we might never sniff the playoffs in my lifetime again.

Rival teams continue to press about Denorfia translates to rival teams continue to be turned down by Wayne K. That would lead me to believe one of our three starters Kearns, Griffey, and Dunn will soon be traded to open up a spot.

It might be bad to trade him but the worst ever....eh, I don't know if I would go that far, down the road we might say that but remember all of the previous trades the reds have gotten burnt on.

Trade Kearns, keep Denorfia.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    I don't know, of the three outfielders I think Dunn is the one you keep. He just has too much more of an upside than the other two. Kearns would be the one I would shop.
    kearns is the last player on the team i would trade. dunn being first do to what i think his potential is and what he would bring back. id move dunn and put deno in left. there is NO way i would move kearns

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Trade Kearns, keep Denorfia.
    yea, who wants a 280 hitter who hits 30 homers and plays solid def. id much rather have a player in aaa with no power and isnt proven in the bigs

How about Dunn to the Angels for RHPs Ervin Santana and Brenden Donnelly?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

How about Kearns to the Angels for Santana and Donnelly.

The Angels are in love with Carl Crawford's speed, not his stats.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    kearns is the last player on the team i would trade. dunn being first do to what i think his potential is and what he would bring back. id move dunn and put deno in left. there is NO way i would move kearns
    Well, I just disagree. Kearns would be one of the first I would trade. Denorfia would easily slip into that spot and put up similar numbers. Maybe not quite the power numbers, but that isn't what this team needs. Denorfia is a more disciplined hitter in my opinion. Finding a guy like Dunn who will get you 40+ HRS, 100+ RBIs, and 100+ Runs scored on a yearly basis is very hard to find.
    Last edited by jimbo; 07-05-2006 at 01:42 PM.

Turn Off Ads?